FA Cup replay attendance | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA Cup replay attendance

Are you going to the FA Cup replay Tuesday night?

• Total voters
A lot of STH's refuse to pay having paid out for their STH's. I won't be going like a lot of other regulars due to cost, the team playing poorly and a lot of games to pay out for in a short space of time: Brentford and Northampton this week, a week away, then two more home games on the trot after that; Bradford and Salford. To me those games are massively more important with the predicament we're in compared to the Fylde game.

Not going tonight. Nothing to do with cost. Mainly due to our current form. I don't think I've felt so uninthusiastic about supporting our team in all of my 52 years following them. I really hope this rumoured take over takes place. It will give everyone off and on the pitch a much needed boost. Up the Gills.

i never buy anything at the ground so no problem for me.
What about youngsters at the ground, how do they cope?
He wouldn’t have liked Brentford last week, either!

Solent, are you really saying “After Saturday’s abject performance I still would’ve made the effort in these financial times to travel up from the Solent midweek. Alas, I can’t use my card at the ground, so I’ll spite them.”

Personally I’m not making the effort of travelling up midweek. It’s both apathy after Saturday and it’s less expense after last Tuesday.

Last edited:
Go on.... it`s the Cup. If you don`t, you know you`ll regret it..... ;)

I went on Saturday and at 17.00 had already regretted it. So, like you, tonight I’ll be at home in front of a nice warm log fire sipping my hot cocoa watching something else than the Gills embarrassing themselves yet again.
However, I just hope I might regret it at 21.00! 🤞

I went on Saturday and at 17.00 had already regretted it. So, like you, tonight I’ll be at home in front of a nice warm log fire sipping my hot cocoa watching something else than the Gills embarrassing themselves yet again. However, I just hope I might regret it at 21.00! 🤞

I won`t be watching anything else - i`ll be audibly glued to the wireless telegraphy !

i never buy anything at the ground so no problem for me.
What about youngsters at the ground, how do they cope?

Youngsters love it. They waft their phones or watches at the little wifi thingy and the money just flies through the ether.
I'm trying to adapt bit it is mainly us old dinosaurs who prefer a wad of notes with the queen's face on.

I am going. There were not many seats sold in my block in the GR, but annoyingly someone booked our usual seats. Either there wasn't a hold on ST seats or it wasn't well advertised and I missed it. In protest, I had a look at the Medway Stand to switch there for the match and certainly in the middle blocks behind the dug outs, quite a few seats had been sold (more sold than empty). In the end, there were better seats in my GR Gold Block so I just chose seats in the row in front of where I usually sit.

All this talk of changing seats got me thinking. How many board members pay for a Bronze season ticket, but actually sit in the Gold seats. I know of at least 6 people who do this in the GRS stand.

He wouldn’t have liked Brentford last week, either!

Solent, are you really saying “After Saturday’s abject performance I still would’ve made the effort in these financial times to travel up from the Solent midweek. Alas, I can’t use my card at the ground, so I’ll spite them.”

Personally I’m not making the effort of travelling up midweek. It’s both apathy after Saturday and it’s less expense after last Tuesday.

I was joking of course, your'e right Trev, there's no way I'd make that midweek journey to watch that lot at the moment. Although I am dead against cashless stadiums as I really do not want to use a card for purchasing a hot drink.
If ever any establishment I go in wont allow me to to pay cash for a Tea/Coffee then I always go elsewhere. I've not set foot in Priestfield since it has gone cashless & if & when I do, I'll just do as many others no doubt do and wont purchess anything in the ground.
My point being, the club obviously misses out on funds it could do with which I see as bad business. UTG

Maybe in future make any first rounds home games of any competition part of your season ticket. That way you might get people come along and spending money. I couldn’t be bothered to make the effort mainly because I knew I had to buy a ticket. If I went then there’s a chance I would’ve spent more than however much the ticket cost.

Not detracting from the obvious point that we need to be less shit.

Maybe in future make any first rounds home games of any competition part of your season ticket. That way you might get people come along and spending money. I couldn’t be bothered to make the effort mainly because I knew I had to buy a ticket. If I went then there’s a chance I would’ve spent more than however much the ticket cost.

Not detracting from the obvious point that we need to be less shit.

Unless my memory has given up the ghost - many moons ago most football clubs season tickets included home cup games.