FA Cup replay attendance | Page 3 | Vital Football

FA Cup replay attendance

Are you going to the FA Cup replay Tuesday night?

• Total voters
I was joking of course, your'e right Trev, there's no way I'd make that midweek journey to watch that lot at the moment. Although I am dead against cashless stadiums as I really do not want to use a card for purchasing a hot drink.
If ever any establishment I go in wont allow me to to pay cash for a Tea/Coffee then I always go elsewhere. I've not set foot in Priestfield since it has gone cashless & if & when I do, I'll just do as many others no doubt do and wont purchess anything in the ground.
My point being, the club obviously misses out on funds it could do with which I see as bad business. UTG
Businesses that I know have gone cashless have not been negatively affected, some are better off.

Takings don't go down and you take out the issues of staff and their sticky fingers. Not to mention time saved counting and reconciling the tills or having to take money to banks (who charge for the privilege) and are ever less convenient.

Many years ago and I do mean years ago, my brother had a season ticket at Main rd. During Frances Lee, Colin Bell, Rodney Marsh & co era & he said his season ticket did include home cup games. Not that City won FA in them days although still had a good side at the time.

Businesses that I know have gone cashless have not been negatively affected, some are better off.

Takings don't go down and you take out the issues of staff and their sticky fingers. Not to mention time saved counting and reconciling the tills or having to take money to banks (who charge for the privilege) and are ever less convenient.

Would be nice to be given the choice all the same to use what is Legal Tender & carnt imagine there are too many staff with sticky fingers, and if thats the case maybe company's should be more selective on the people they employ.

Many years ago and I do mean years ago, my brother had a season ticket at Main rd. During Frances Lee, Colin Bell, Rodney Marsh & co era & he said his season ticket did include home cup games. Not that City won FA in them days although still had a good side at the time.

definitely celtic season tickets in the 60s included all cup home games and Arsenal still do a version of it.

i am sure many clubs did it in the 60s and early seventies before the complication of additional cup competitions.

many clubs have a version where you get all cup games but at additional cost taken directly from your bank. Some or most of these clubs have changed it so that you agree or disagree with this auto Allocation and charging when purchasing your season ticket.

There were 27 according to Radio Kent.

The official site says 66 away fans. I was in the block closest to them in the GRS and counted about 20, so make the RK estimate closer than the Gills one. Maybe they included Fylde officials in the Medway Stand. I also estimated about 2000 crowd, which was almost spot on.

There are other clubs still doing this so i think it’ll be beneficial. I believe Arsenal do it up to the quarter finals of the domestic competitions, not sure if it’s European competitions too. But I’m sure some lower leagues sides do it too.

Advertise it when season tickets go on sale.

Who knows, if you get a shit draw like Colchester in the 3rd round then you can still say “as a thank you to our fans your season ticket will cover you for this game too”.

Hand everyone a voucher offering £2 off an alcoholic or soft/hot drink between 5-6.30pm (forget the time limit for small numbers of away fans) and you’re laughing.

Last edited:
Lots of clubs didn't even offer season tickets for standing areas in the old days, Leeds during the glory years for instance. I think the inclusion of cup games was always different club by club but hey ho. Last night was marginally better than a visit to the dentist. and a win is a win and a goal a goal

Would be nice to be given the choice all the same to use what is Legal Tender & carnt imagine there are too many staff with sticky fingers, and if thats the case maybe company's should be more selective on the people they employ.

Would be a sackable offence. Many moons ago i worked on the tills at a major supermarket, it was very rare for tills to be more than 50p out at the end of a shift.

The usual problem was staff just making a counting error when dispensing change or not spotting the odd counterfeit note. Certainly no 'sticky fingers' i was ever aware of and the tills took thousands of pounds of cash per day.

There are still many people who dont have bank accounts (some estimates suggest around 6% of the population) and not everyone has a clever phone so thete should always be a cash option.

I do understand your point, but it's the way the world is going.

With regards to staff with stick fingers - in this sort of job there will be plenty. It's almost impossible to screen for before you hire them so usually you just have to catch them in the act.