Ex Player watch | Page 33 | Vital Football

Ex Player watch

He didn't want to play for us.

He couldn't wait to leave the club.

His actions disrupted the squad.

Cook didn't see enough in him. (Neither does Warnock)

He isn't proven at our level. (Grigg is)

He was offside more than any other players in every match he played for us.

This thread is reactionary nonsense.

Bollocks. He was transfer listed because we couldn’t afford him. He wasn’t told that though, he was told he was “surplus to requirements”. Warnock’s been starting him so he’s obviously an important squad player for a side chasing promotion. Stop spreading lies Phil because Omar bullied you at school.

Massive mistake selling this lad.
Has a very good goalscoring record over the last few years,he may not have been good enough for the championship but would have been an asset in L1.

Having seen both Grigg and Toney regularly this season it's fair to say neither of them are as big a goalscoring threat as Bogle, regardless of how often he was caught offside in a meaningless game against Leeds!

Lazysid - 4/2/2018 22:30

Bogle was reported as ineffective on his Posh debut yesterday.

It's only sad people that that news ( if true ) would cheer up ( not necessarily you Sid BTW? ).

Leave the lad be....I still believe there's something there.

Omar Bogle, no matter how good or bad he was would look just as isolated as Grigg did last night. He fed on scraps really. No decent service whatsoever. A couple of times the ball was put in to the box the passes were either too high or too far away from him. Also the midfield still seem to sit very deep and from opposition corners Grigg is never up the park for the break. He also had terrible service from the wing backs. Time to sign a real winger Yannick style and we could walk this league. We could sign any striker or could have kept any striker we've ever had and with the style/ formation we play they would struggle to score Bogle included.
What Grigg does does is draw players all over the box creating space for the goals to come from midfielders like they did last night.

Bogle scored a goal every 130 mins for cardiff. Powell's our best goal per min at 154. He was behind zohore, valued at 20m by cardiff.

Fans weren't happy to see him go out on loan. Has to be something not right with him for two clubs to pass on him. Possibly to stubborn to listen, who knows but a talented player.

C_Latic - 21/11/2017 19:32

Bollocks. He was transfer listed because we couldn’t afford him. He wasn’t told that though, he was told he was “surplus to requirements”. Warnock’s been starting him so he’s obviously an important squad player for a side chasing promotion. Stop spreading lies Phil because Omar bullied you at school.

How do you know he was told one thing, but the truth was something else? Do you attend board meetings or something?

It's now almost December. How many times has Warnock started him?

He is still a relatively young striker finding his feet. He will eventually find his level and I have no doubt will be successful. Look at Powell, how many managers had given up on him calling him frustrating and lethargic, how many of them are now eating their words. All it takes is one manger to show some belief and work with him and he could turn out to be a lot better than some on here give credit for.

I believe he still has potential. He's young and raw and that has been mentioned already... He's scoring goals for Cardiff or he was. So he may start thriving for Peterborough?

I see the lad scored again....he has more goals in him than Grigg and Toney rolled into one especially at the top end of the Championship. But the experts on here know better no doubt.

He was offloaded because we couldn't use his talents properly just like we have done to others who have gone on to play and score elsewhere.

I do believe we will go up but also believe we would be relegated with the same personel so will be surprised if 5 of the current team are still playing here next season.

The ones I would persevere with are Burn, James, Morsy, Evans, Colclough and possibly give Jacobs another shot at it.

Edit .....and Nick Powell is worth a go also.

What's the point of making the same mistake over again.

hindleymonwafc - 3/12/2017 10:48

I see the lad scored again....he has more goals in him than Grigg and Toney rolled into one especially at the top end of the Championship. But the experts on here know better no doubt.

He was offloaded because we couldn't use his talents properly just like we have done to others who have gone on to play and score elsewhere.

I do believe we will go up but also believe we would be relegated with the same personel so will be surprised if 5 of the current team are still playing here next season.

The ones I would persevere with are Burn, James, Morsy, Evans, Colclough and possibly give Jacobs another shot at it.

Edit .....and Nick Powell is worth a go also.

What's the point of making the same mistake over again.

Do you think Cook could hack the Championship?

If that's a serious question grip it deserves an answer. I believe he deserves a shot at it because he is doing a lot right but is an unknown quantity at a higher level granted...regarding some of the players ...been there and failed.

hindleymonwafc - 3/12/2017 11:12

If that's a serious question grip it deserves an answer. I believe he deserves a shot at it because he is doing a lot right but is an unknown quantity at a higher level granted...regarding some of the players ...been there and failed.

Thing is he's going to have to get us having a go at teams and get points on the board early on, the club's hierarchy and the fans dont want another fiasco like the last couple of years otherwise we'll start the managerial merry go round once again.

I agree to give him a shot at the Championship it will be the least he deserves if he gets us promoted, i also agree we will need a better calibre of players but hopefully we wont see a massive overhaul either.

I think that Grigg also deserves a shot at it too. To be fair to the lad, he was either injured or ignored for a lot of the last campaign. I'm not saying that he'll definitely be a success, but he deserves another - fuller - chance.