Ex-Millers on the move | Page 19 | Vital Football

Ex-Millers on the move

04/02/24

BBC Football website - Neil Warnock is about to be named as Aberdeen interim manager.
Update - his appointment has been confirmed.

Last edited:
Good to see Mickel Miller back fit for Plymouth. From their forum:

What a cameo! He was electric, fantastic impact. He is so direct with the ball and I think most defenders know what he's going to do and still can't stop him. There really are not many players around like him 👏
As an aside and this is NOT Bali bashing but he could learn alot from MM. MM first touch generally takes him forward whereas Bali often cuts back, they have a similar skillset and hoping if Bali can regain his mojo and improve under Foz, then we really could have two flying wing backs on our hands.

Decent player when fit... but that's not very often. Good luck to him though .
Mike, Plymouth fans have seen enough of him to rate him as one of their best players and are urging the club to give him a new 2-year contract. Middle of last year there were lots of doubters but MM seems to have won them over. He's always very complimentary about RUFC.

15/02/24

BBC Football website : Ex-Millers NOT on the move - Steve Evans has signed a new contract as Stevenage manager to June 2026.

Also ex-Millers Reserves defender Jake Cooper has signed a new contract to stay at Altrincham.

Last edited:
Former Miller Matthew Olosunde has signed for Welsh club The New Saints.

Matt was at the New York Stadium from 2019-2021 playing over sixty games.

The American born former Man United U18 and U23 right-back was released in 2019 joining the Millers and from us he joined Preston North End but was troubled with injuries so only managed a handful of games.

I wish the lad well.

Former Miller Matthew Olosunde has signed for Welsh club The New Saints.

Matt was at the New York Stadium from 2019-2021 playing over sixty games.

The American born former Man United U18 and U23 right-back was released in 2019 joining the Millers and from us he joined Preston North End but was troubled with injuries so only managed a handful of games.

I wish the lad well.
Me too. Funny you mention TNS as we are keeping an eye on their 21 yo former Villa striker, Brad Young. Hearts and Augsburg are also sniffing and as he's young, fit and has scored 22 in 23 games he's not really what our recruitment committee are looking for.

Last edited:
We are not alone in the injury blight. This from the Carlisle forum; Rotherham obviously don't rate Kelly, and they're effectively a league 1 team. He was injured when he was signed. He's managed to get injured again while already out injured! People are moaning about the training pitch, but he hasn't been on it, he's injured.

We are not alone in the injury blight. This from the Carlisle forum; Rotherham obviously don't rate Kelly, and they're effectively a league 1 team. He was injured when he was signed. He's managed to get injured again while already out injured! People are moaning about the training pitch, but he hasn't been on it, he's injured.
We injure players just by signing them.

I remember some years ago - Millmoor times - when one of our players got injured getting out of his car at the ground. Can't remember who it was though.

Last edited:
Olosunde was a good player... but injuries finished his EFL career. Right decision not to extend his Millers contract. Good luck to him though.

Trevor Clarke got injured in his first day of Millers training... and has had little luck with injuries since. He is a sub for Shamrock Rovers in their game against Ciaran McGuckin's Dundalk team tonight (16/02/234).
Update - Clarke came on as sub, but was injured in a collision and had to be substituted!

Last edited: