Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 268 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Bailey was one half of "the psycho twins" as my Everton supporting mate called them when he came with us to Bournemouth to watch us effectively secure our playoff spot that first season under Keef. I think he was unaccustomed to the physical nature of league 2 football!

Bailey was one half of "the psycho twins" as my Everton supporting mate called them when he came with us to Bournemouth to watch us effectively secure our playoff spot that first season under Keef. I think he was unaccustomed to the physical nature of league 2 football!

Bimson being the other, I assume?

I loved Bailey. His goal from his own half v Carlisle lives long in my memory. Peter Gain (who would have got in our side for the last five years) also scored an absolutely exquisite goal that game too.

Well worth the enormous trip.
And the short one to Scunthorpe to see him tangle with Peter Beagrie.

Having moved areas two or three times, and make no apologies for watching the "best" local team in the area (as well as the Imps, of course, but on the back of seeing successive relegations etc), the two best corner takers I have seen are Alan Woodward at Sheffield United, who scored direct from corners, and Paul Maguire at Stoke, who could drop a ball on the head of Brendan O'Callaghan who was always sandwiched between two defenders

Palmer has suffered another concussion in training, just a week before the new season. Reportedly was expecting to start for WBA against Bournemouth on Friday.

Palmer has suffered another concussion in training, just a week before the new season. Reportedly was expecting to start for WBA against Bournemouth on Friday.

Hmm, that's not good. Especially twice in short space of time, hope there isn't some sort of problem there

Conor Coventry seems to be in demand. Peterborough interested but he may be involved in the 1st team it seems

David Preece formally appointed goalkeeping coach at Sunderland after a spell assisting on a casual basis.