Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 265 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Missing from the photo are Rod Fletcher and John Kennedy - my guess is that they were away doing their schoolteaching jobs.

The photo can also be seen here:

Team Shot 1969-70 – RICT Museum

If I remember correctly you got the photo along with this small plastic shield by saving coupons from packets of Ty-Phoo Tea:

Imp Shield – RICT Museum

I'm sure it's not a Typhoo Tea picture as they didn't cover lower division teams and were a slightly different design. I think it was included in a special edition of the Chronicle handed out at the first home game of the season.

Couldn't think where else to post this, and after all, it is a pic of ex Imps. Came across it while still sorting thro some of my Dad's stuff. The team may be of interest, but also the Sincil Bank terrace, floodlight pylon, and railway bridge are in evidence

Unfortunately have had to reduce quality to be accepted
Brilliant! My first season as an Imp - first match in January 1969 - Imps 3 Exeter 2!! Dad took my brother and me - on the terrace - Happy days

Missing from the photo are Rod Fletcher and John Kennedy - my guess is that they were away doing their schoolteaching jobs.

The photo can also be seen here:

Team Shot 1969-70 – RICT Museum

If I remember correctly you got the photo along with this small plastic shield by saving coupons from packets of Ty-Phoo Tea:

Imp Shield – RICT Museum
This photo was on my bedroom wall for a couple of seasons. Long since gone, but the one I had was on glossy photo quality paper, probably 10×8. Can't remember how I got it but it wasn't by collecting coupons. Possibly sold in the programmes kiosks?

Pffftt! Newbie!

About time we had a fan thread when was your 1st match, opposition, score and attendance if known. There must be well over 1,000 years of watching by the posters on here. Jules for instance is fast approaching 1/4 of a century watching, and I have still not been charged with child abuse. :wahey::lol:o_O

I'm sure it's not a Typhoo Tea picture as they didn't cover lower division teams and were a slightly different design. I think it was included in a special edition of the Chronicle handed out at the first home game of the season.

Well, it may have been. The photo is on glossy card and measures about 8 inches by possibly 10 inches (I trimmed the edges on the two sides of mine so it would fit my scrapbook).

That was actually the season before that team photo. You had the privilege(?) of seeing Alick Jeffrey make his Imps debut.

View attachment 50523
Alick was slightly overweight when he played for us but you could see instantly that he was all class. Also on the team sheet was Bobby Svarc, I remember seeing him score a header from the 18 yard line with such force the goalkeeper had no chance.