Grant Smith: free agent
Charlie Andrew: Pickering Town (tier 8)
Jamie McCombe: free agent
Jason Shackell: free agent
Cian Bolger: Northampton Town (tier 3)
Alan Sheehan: free agent
Ben Coker: Stevenage (tier 4)
Akeem Hinds: free agent
Michael Bostwick: Burton Albion (tier 3)
Neal Eardley: Burton Albion (tier 3)
Lee Frecklington: free agent
Ellis Chapman: Cheltenham Town (tier 4)
Jack Payne: Swindon Town (tier 3)
Tom Pett: free agent
Jordan Adebayo-Smith: free agent

Some of those are due to age and the new financial restrictions, but it is not an impressive list for sure.

I always think that where a player ends up is an interesting pointer. So:

Josh Vickers: free agent
Grant Smith: free agent
Charlie Andrew: Pickering Town (tier 8)
Jamie McCombe: free agent
Jason Shackell: free agent
Cian Bolger: Northampton Town (tier 3)
Alan Sheehan: free agent
Ben Coker: Stevenage (tier 4)
Akeem Hinds: free agent
Michael Bostwick: Burton Albion (tier 3)
Neal Eardley: Burton Albion (tier 3)
Lee Frecklington: free agent
Ellis Chapman: Cheltenham Town (tier 4)
Jack Payne: Swindon Town (tier 3)
Tom Pett: free agent
Jordan Adebayo-Smith: free agent

Some of those are due to age and the new financial restrictions, but it is not an impressive list for sure.

I know it's not Appleton's players but surprised me that the likes of Raggett and Woodyard did not go on further. Shows that the grass is not always greener - and also potentially that the standard at the top of L1/Championship is higher than we might think? Raggett sabotaged by injuries a bit but made the wrong move, Woodyard gone backwards...

Makes me think Chapman was a long way off!

Surprised Pett hasn't got a gig (maybe wages)? Decent player at L2 level definitely.

Pleased Jack is doing well.
He's surprised me with how many goals he's scored to be fair.
Is he better than he got credit for? Maybe by sheer force of will!

Jack Payne – 5

Not Payne’s finest game – he dived into too many challenges in midfield, let Northampton play around him in the first half and was not particularly effective in the final third. Subbed.

Swindon papers view of his contribution last night - sound familiar?

Jack Payne – 5

Not Payne’s finest game – he dived into too many challenges in midfield, let Northampton play around him in the first half and was not particularly effective in the final third. Subbed.

Swindon papers view of his contribution last night - sound familiar?
Different Jack I think? Weren’t they talking about Muldoon?

But about Payne, he’s had a good start where he’s had more of an end product than we saw but as with us, there’s always a risk that he’s going to be played out of games.

Is he better than he got credit for? Maybe by sheer force of will!
I think it was right that he didn't come up to L2 with us on promotion, simply because (I personally believe) he wasn't ready and would have struggled. Don't forget that in the intervening 3 years he will have likely developed as a player, and now appears more than capable of playing, and thriving, in the football league.

I think it was right that he didn't come up to L2 with us on promotion, simply because (I personally believe) he wasn't ready and would have struggled. Don't forget that in the intervening 3 years he will have likely developed as a player, and now appears more than capable of playing, and thriving, in the football league.

Maybe. My suspicion is that he would have been alright in most NL promotion sides, but not for the Cowleys with clear designs on L1 and the ability to pay bigger wages for a Green and then Akinde type? Although a few years have passed, Muldoon is actually quite an experienced player at 31 (not as if he was in so much of a development phase with us)!

It would be hard to judge on goals based on the fact he was clearly tasked with pressing everywhere for us - he was actually more prolific under Moyses I think.

Maybe. My suspicion is that he would have been alright in most NL promotion sides, but not for the Cowleys with clear designs on L1 and the ability to pay bigger wages for a Green and then Akinde type? Although a few years have passed, Muldoon is actually quite an experienced player at 31 (not as if he was in so much of a development phase with us)!

It would be hard to judge on goals based on the fact he was clearly tasked with pressing everywhere for us - he was actually more prolific under Moyses I think.
In his time here, there was uncertainty over Muldoon's best role. Moyses signed as a winger, primarily, the Cowleys seemed to use him most as a striker, being more mobile than Marriott and taking over from Robinson in cup games, but without ever being a regular starter or scorer in that NL season. While Jack was offered a new contract in line with all other NL winners, he'd have been competing with experienced EFL players in Green and Palmer, assuming both would have been signed if Muldoon stayed.

Moving to Harrogate made sense and allowed him to build on what he'd gained at Lincoln, finding his role back in the NL and translating it to L2 this season. His record there is quite impressive, which is pleasing to see as most of us remember him at Lincoln with respect.

In his time here, there was uncertainty over Muldoon's best role. Moyses signed as a winger, primarily, the Cowleys seemed to use him most as a striker, being more mobile than Marriott and taking over from Robinson in cup games, but without ever being a regular starter or scorer in that NL season. While Jack was offered a new contract in line with all other NL winners, he'd have been competing with experienced EFL players in Green and Palmer, assuming both would have been signed if Muldoon stayed.

Moving to Harrogate made sense and allowed him to build on what he'd gained at Lincoln, finding his role back in the NL and translating it to L2 this season. His record there is quite impressive, which is pleasing to see as most of us remember him at Lincoln with respect.
I think that Muldoon went to Fylde after leaving us.