Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 197 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

I think a lot of players really played above themselves in systems that suited them. Would Sam Habergham have been as fantastic elsewhere in League Two? I doubt it

Is he better than he got credit for? Maybe by sheer force of will!
I don't think he was better here than he was given credit for, perhaps just a late developer. Prior to us his only other FT Club was a failed spell at Rochdale.

I certainly think it was the correct decision for him to leave here, we needed better than Muldoon was at the time to get us up into higher L2. He suited the type of forward player Cowley wanted in the NL but we perhaps didn't suit what he needed? Either way, he did a decent job for us. Solihull away was probably the game he'll be remembered for.

I think he played wide under Moyses and was in and out of the team under Cowley so it wasn't until he left here that he got a decent run of games upfront at Fylde and now Harrogate.

I don't think he was better here than he was given credit for, perhaps just a late developer. Prior to us his only other FT Club was a failed spell at Rochdale.

I certainly think it was the correct decision for him to leave here, we needed better than Muldoon was at the time to get us up into higher L2. He suited the type of forward player Cowley wanted in the NL but we perhaps didn't suit what he needed? Either way, he did a decent job for us. Solihull away was probably the game he'll be remembered for.

I think he played wide under Moyses and was in and out of the team under Cowley so it wasn't until he left here that he got a decent run of games upfront at Fylde and now Harrogate.

I think that's fair. Part of the reason I asked the question is just that the narrative was a bit along the lines of, Muldoon runs around a lot but doesn't really have the quality and/or isn't a natural goalscorer.

When you think of his style and also that we had the likes of Angol again in L2, I wondered if that was him being done a disservice a little bit.

Summed up perfectly!

Watching Quest I see Ben Coker played for Stevenage. Unfortunately he gave away the penalty for the only goal of the game

I think that's fair. Part of the reason I asked the question is just that the narrative was a bit along the lines of, Muldoon runs around a lot but doesn't really have the quality and/or isn't a natural goalscorer.

When you think of his style and also that we had the likes of Angol again in L2, I wondered if that was him being done a disservice a little bit.
Given the choice between Angol and Muldoon, I'd take Muldoon anyday.