Everton v NUFC | Page 6 | Vital Football

Everton v NUFC

What surprised me was that we didn't go with two up front, no point having Wood winning headers without a partner to capitalise.
That would mean playing 4 in midfield with 2 out and out wingers. I don't see a problem with that but Howe probably didn't want to change the system

That’s a poor result to lose to 10 men is not good. The woman on Sky Sports couldn’t hide her joy being an Evertonian. We have probably saved their season with that result. 2 more wins requires for safety. Spurs next will not be easy that’s for sure.

Too many players not good enough. Probably playing a level above their true capabilities. Hard to maintain. They've done a job keeping us time to go

On the bright side Howe will have them in DQ's over the break and I suspect we won't be seeing that type of performance next game.

To me it looked like Everton were so shit we did not know what to do and were eventually lulled into their shitness.

We are drilled to play seige football because we clearly don't have the players who can dictate games and it showed.
Bruno had no runners to hit and was made to look like Ray Wilkins in the second half.

Shelvey was a massive miss today.

I said it before and I'll say it again we need a decent striker. Pay over the odds for a world class striker and Wilson can cover
True, but surely we were right not to buy any old world class striker last window.
Wood is obviously not a long term plan but with his help we are in a much better position than the bottom three.

That justifies the money spent imo because many thought we were fooked after that window.

Next season there will be no excuses if Wood is our first or second choice when Wilson is fit.

So, have we been sucked back into the relegation mire? Odds are 40/1 to be relegated
The bookies doing what bookies do best Mc, tempting punters to part with their hard earned cash.

We are closer to 9th place than 18th place.

I might change my mind if Watford beat Liverpool at Anfield next game, but only slightly and even that would require Leeds to win at Leicester, Brentford at Wolves and Everton at West Ham.

True, but surely we were right not to buy any old world class striker last window.
Wood is obviously not a long term plan but with his help we are in a much better position than the bottom three.

That justifies the money spent imo because many thought we were fooked after that window.

Next season there will be no excuses if Wood is our first or second choice when Wilson is fit.
I don't expect Wilson to be a first choice striker next season. Surely two world class strikers is a minimum in the summer. Wilson is good cover but you can't rely on him for the season.

I don't expect Wilson to be a first choice striker next season. Surely two world class strikers is a minimum in the summer. Wilson is good cover but you can't rely on him for the season.
Aye my garbled attempt didn't come across as clear as I thought last night, but agree 100 %

On reflection that's another game I can't believe we got nowt out of. Which is a million miles from broccoli noses sides.

Nee excuse but aside from Everton's lucky break you have to take into consideration the 3 away games in a week with the fatigue or mental fatigue that can bring and maybe if asked before this 3 game spell if id been asked would I take 3 points then maybe I would. A point a game from now would see us safe by miles.

Last edited:
The bookies doing what bookies do best Mc, tempting punters to part with their hard earned cash.

We are closer to 9th place than 18th place.

I might change my mind if Watford beat Liverpool at Anfield next game, but only slightly and even that would require Leeds to win at Leicester, Brentford at Wolves and Everton at West Ham.
Well, a bizarre finish and 3 points to Leeds. Let's see what happens at Leicester on Sunday when Brentford visit. Just to edit, Jimenez who was sent off tonight misses our game with Wolves.

Last edited:
Well, a bizarre finish and 3 points to Leeds. Let's see what happens at Leicester on Sunday when Brentford visit. Just to edit, Jimenez who was sent off tonight misses our game with Wolves.

Was never a red card mind. Gone are the days where comings together earn no cards. The fact that Jimenez had a bad injury, even life threatening and was out for months should have been notice enough to the ref that if anything the lad was brave going in for a 50/50 like that, not reckless.

Was never a red card mind. Gone are the days where comings together earn no cards. The fact that Jimenez had a bad injury, even life threatening and was out for months should have been notice enough to the ref that if anything the lad was brave going in for a 50/50 like that, not reckless.
It was a second booking I think :hmmm: