Evans gets results | Vital Football

Evans gets results

Breckland

Vital Reserves Team
This was the great justification for appointing someone who, by common consent, is one of the most unpopular managers in the game.
So far, unless you count the number of yellow cards he's accumulated as some kind of achievement, all I've seen ( and heard ) suggests a man with little or no control over the outcome of matches, or indeed of his players.

In the first two seasons, Evans produced top 10 finishes, which was over achieving for our resources.

This season, we started with a thred bare squad of around just 18 players with about 3 of those being youth players, had no pre season due to covid and lost very good league one players in Graham and Ogilvie. I adjusted my expectations and thought if we finished 20th (one place above relegation) I would be delighted and Evans would have done a very good job. I stand by that, fans need to be realistic here.

I say this as someone who didn't like the fact Lovell was sacked and didn't want Evans to begin with but he has done a very good job and we ain't gonna attract a better manager.

In the first two seasons, Evans produced top 10 finishes, which was over achieving for our resources.

This season, we started with a thred bare squad of around just 18 players with about 3 of those being youth players, had no pre season due to covid and lost very good league one players in Graham and Ogilvie. I adjusted my expectations and thought if we finished 20th (one place above relegation) I would be delighted and Evans would have done a very good job. I stand by that, fans need to be realistic here.

I say this as someone who didn't like the fact Lovell was sacked and didn't want Evans to begin with but he has done a very good job and we ain't gonna attract a better manager.

Pretty much where I stand too.

Good shout. Agree with that.

It will be interesting to compare the next managers results with Evans.

Cheers guys,
Just for info I have been a supporter of the club for more than 50 years and never had such low expectations as you have. Good to hear that you are enjoying our football.

Cheers guys,
Just for info I have been a supporter of the club for more than 50 years and never had such low expectations as you have. Good to hear that you are enjoying our football.

You're going to get on famously here. Not one responder has said they're enjoying the football.

Given the limitations of our pre-season, squad size and budget we're not (yet) in crisis. I cannot imagine another manager that we could feasibly employ doing a great deal better with the tools at his disposal. Do I wish our management team were less gobshite-y? Absolutely, but that's who we've got and we just have to hope that we can continue to steer clear of the bottom four. Fine margins, had we not pissed away our hard fought lead at Bolton on Saturday, this thread would probably not exist.

Cheers guys,

😂😂😂

WTF has any of that got to do with your shit stirring OP? Did you join just for the wind up?

As for low expectations. You realise 10th in 3rd tier is in the top 10% of our finishes in our 120+ year history?

Cheers guys,
Excellent 👍
I’ve got to assume that you don’t have high regards for the chairman either.
Scally Out ????

I'm with you breckland but we are a minority on here. Hopefully most on here can discuss it civily though.
I didn’t know that you don’t rate Evans Mark!
I’m aware that you have no time for Scally but Evans?
I was critical last week because of his bizarre substitution policy but I certainly wouldn’t want him to leave before his contract finished.

I'm with you breckland but we are a minority on here. Hopefully most on here can discuss it civily though.

Mark, do you mean you are with him in not enjoying our football? Or his completely different original post that basically says Evans doesn’t get results, has no control over game outcomes or players?

Sounds like your mate is simply an Evans hater that backtracked on his original post. Or at least didn’t double down on it. No problem with not liking Evans, plenty don’t. But to state he doesn’t get results or has no control is just simply bull dust.

I didn’t know that you don’t rate Evans Mark!
I’m aware that you have no time for Scally but Evans?
I was critical last week because of his bizarre substitution policy but I certainly wouldn’t want him to leave before his contract finished.

I do rate Evans (post 8). I was referring to the more holistic view of the direction that the club is going in - in my humble opinion of course

Mark, do you mean you are with him in not enjoying our football? Or his completely different original post that basically says Evans doesn’t get results, has no control over game outcomes or players?

Sounds like your mate is simply an Evans hater that backtracked on his original post. Or at least didn’t double down on it. No problem with not liking Evans, plenty don’t. But to state he doesn’t get results or has no control is just simply bull dust.

Overall holistic view of the club OSK. I shared thoughts on Evans on post 8. We won't get better than Evans in summary