Evans gets results | Page 7 | Vital Football

Evans gets results

Possibly rules out Adam Barrett ever being a top manager a altogether great bloke. I will never forget him coming to my defence when Martin Allen was out of order after I had gone to the training ground to thank the players for their efforts.It was just after we won promotion or the title.

Sounds like there's an interesting anecdote there Chris, what happened?

I think the Evans analogy of a dinosaur has more to do with the relative size of his brain to his body than his age.

Sounds like there's an interesting anecdote there Chris, what happened?
Martin Allen was as others have said a bit mad.He had various digs at me in jest I think but Adam clearly felt he had gone too far.I can't remember what exactly happened. But I had gone up too the training ground to thank the team for their efforts that season.I felt that it was the senior players that had got us over the line .Andy Frampton, Deon Burton,Danny Kedwell and Adam Barrett were in my view key to our promotion. Remember how many senior professionals signings had let us down in years before that.
I asked Adam to thank all the players on my behalf. Especially the senior professionals. He then directed me to Keds and Frampton and asked me to repeat what I had said .I would guess now Allen had already told them something that was totally different. The players concerned were really grateful for my words apart from Burton who simply didn't react at all .Words were them exchanged between Adam and Allen with Martin Allen he was seething. Perhaps it was because I had said it to Adam and not him or maybe he had already told them they weren't wanted in league one or similar. I will never know.After the final match Adam saw me it the crowd and we shared a very special moment of celebration together.He and Framps were deeply grateful for my words and I basically don't care less about what Martin Allen was thinking of me.Why or what he was so cross about .He was wrong.For all the credit he rightly got for earning us promotion that day he acted like a total tit.Regardless of how much he disagreed with me he should have simply ignored the comment of a fan who was simply giving a compliment to a group of players. Initially via Adam Barrett. Perhaps it was my timing or maybe it was because I didn't thank Allen first .I possibly would have done had he not behaved like a total tit.

Martin Allen was as others have said a bit mad.He had various digs at me in jest I think but Adam clearly felt he had gone too far.I can't remember what exactly happened. But I had gone up too the training ground to thank the team for their efforts that season.I felt that it was the senior players that had got us over the line .Andy Frampton, Deon Burton,Danny Kedwell and Adam Barrett were in my view key to our promotion. Remember how many senior professionals signings had let us down in years before that.
I asked Adam to thank all the players on my behalf. Especially the senior professionals. He then directed me to Keds and Frampton and asked me to repeat what I had said .I would guess now Allen had already told them something that was totally different. The players concerned were really grateful for my words apart from Burton who simply didn't react at all .Words were them exchanged between Adam and Allen with Martin Allen he was seething. Perhaps it was because I had said it to Adam and not him or maybe he had already told them they weren't wanted in league one or similar. I will never know.After the final match Adam saw me it the crowd and we shared a very special moment of celebration together.He and Framps were deeply grateful for my words and I basically don't care less about what Martin Allen was thinking of me.Why or what he was so cross about .He was wrong.For all the credit he rightly got for earning us promotion that day he acted like a total tit.Regardless of how much he disagreed with me he should have simply ignored the comment of a fan who was simply giving a compliment to a group of players. Initially via Adam Barrett. Perhaps it was my timing or maybe it was because I didn't thank Allen first .I possibly would have done had he not behaved like a total tit.
Oh, I wish I had boycotted all the matches that season now.
-:)

Ps. Sorry you were treated like that Chris. Bang out of order. Probably an ego issue for Allen.

Oh, I wish I had boycotted all the matches that season now.
-:)

Ps. Sorry you were treated like that Chris. Bang out of order. Probably an ego issue for Allen.
No it is a good memory all be it tarnished by Martin Allen. But whatever Adam Barrett does in future even if it is manager of Millwall he will always have a special memory and my thanks.A 100 % diamond in my view.

I apologise.I now believe my memory was mistaken about the following

"Words were them exchanged between Adam and Allen with Martin Allen he was seething".

I now am fairly sure no actual words were
exchanged in front of me between Allen and Barrett. Although it was clear Martin wasn't happy. Barrett directed me elsewhere I spoke to Keds and Framps in front of Barrett but he didn't join me when I went away to speak to Burton. What happened after that is vague.