Euros | Page 44 | Vital Football

Euros

Looked a red to me, he'd lost it and was out of the game clear run on goal. Typicaly De Ligt is in my dream team.

Harsh red card. Yes, he slips just outside the box and deliberately scoops the ball back with his hand - but in between those events the Czech player is fouling him.

If someone's falling over in front of you, you don't need to push him to the ground to get to the ball. I'd give the Dutch a free kick.

The Czechs and Hungary have shown that strong, organised sides with more skill than you realised are as good as the touted top teams.

The Czechs and Hungary have shown that strong, organised sides with more skill than you realised are as good as the touted top teams.
2-0 now.

So, can England actually be this kind of organised and strong side with more skill than you realise?

Big question.

Can't see past the image of Kai Havertz scoring against England to be honest while Kane hufgs and puffs without ever getting the ball.

Organise, hold 0-0, see what happens in the last 20. Can England make it to the last 20 still in the game?

What a shame. The Dutch are usually a treat to watch. Less so in this one I suppose
I usually love watching the Dutch in tournament football but they have been pedestrian today and the Czechs have deserved this.

You do wonder how much different they would be with van der Beek and van Dijk? They are huge misses in a team that is almost there in terms of quality but not quite.

England kept the Czechs at arms length and created a few decent chances, I wonder if they were not quite giving it their all though.

I'd play the same side that started but Bellingham for Rice, play sterling off Kane.

2-0 now.

So, can England actually be this kind of organised and strong side with more skill than you realise?

Big question.

Can't see past the image of Kai Havertz scoring against England to be honest while Kane hufgs and puffs without ever getting the ball.

Organise, hold 0-0, see what happens in the last 20. Can England make it to the last 20 still in the game?

I disagree on this one. Think we need to try shock and awe and try to score as much as possible as early as possible. Germany will prod and probe to work us out a bit and then hit us with a sucker punch. We need an explosive performance from engerland imo.

Its possible GS has turned us into lean, mean thinking machines but just feel we have the potential to brain fart at any given moment.

Mmm not really. We have got out of the group under rules where it was almost impossible not to. We might go home in the next game. If we do then i will say, how shit we have done. Again.

thats why its just daft. the tourney has already showed its the best 32 clubs in europe and talent in every side and all well organised and play good football. So there a lot more to it than ability alone, team spirit,, organisation, tactics. Top of the group , no goals conceded, ANY othe rnation would be positive about thier side, just not half the English. a serious self entitlement issue, far more than the players have

I disagree on this one. Think we need to try shock and awe and try to score as much as possible as early as possible. Germany will prod and probe to work us out a bit and then hit us with a sucker punch. We need an explosive performance from engerland imo.

Its possible GS has turned us into lean, mean thinking machines but just feel we have the potential to brain fart at any given moment.

We got stick over the Scotland gamne but I suspect the English were just focused on being calm and professional cos they werent genuinelly gonna be worried about losing the game.
The Scottish tho, would practically be happy to be carried off on a stretcher to get a result.

The Germany game tho, another sensory level, they WILL be up for that and will have the excitement and the nerves which I think will show us another level. Id like to think we WILL take the game properly to them.

Not sure what to make of Kane tho.. I kinda bigged him up and hes touched the ball about once game. Im back in the hopeful bit there I admit, in regards to Im hoping simply on law of averages he will bang one in

The Danes have done well too..

Hard to call Belgium Portugal game, Think id prefer to see Portugal win it

Red card all day long - totally changed the game ( unsurprisingly ).
Leaves the Wembley winners on Tuesday as a very good bet to reach the final.

We beat an aging Croatia and a decent Czech Republic side.

Germany will be the first proper test for us though and we can only consider ourselves any sort of challengers if we win this one.
If England win that game they are genuine contenders, being on the much easier side of the draw.

The winner of Tuesdays game plays Sweden/Ukraine in the quarters and Czech Republic/Denmark in the semis.

The Danes look very good but it would be an absolutely golden chance to reach a major final.

Germany would surely see it as nearly a bye into the final. If they beat England on Tuesday I'll certainly he putting my money on them to win it