Euros | Page 45 | Vital Football

Euros

If England win that game they are genuine contenders, being on the much easier side of the draw.

The winner of Tuesdays game plays Sweden/Ukraine in the quarters and Czech Republic/Denmark in the semis.

The Danes look very good but it would be an absolutely golden chance to reach a major final.

Germany would surely see it as nearly a bye into the final. If they beat England on Tuesday I'll certainly he putting my money on them to win it
Only problem is even if we get to the final we will face either France or Belgium is my bet and I can’t see us beating either. The same goes for Germany though, I can’t see them beating either of those teams.

We beat an aging Croatia and a decent Czech Republic side.

Germany will be the first proper test for us though and we can only consider ourselves any sort of challengers if we win this one.
Hmm diodnt Germany go out at the group stages at the last Tourney? and Croatia made a final? On recent years form Croatia are the better side, not Germany.

Only problem is even if we get to the final we will face either France or Belgium is my bet and I can’t see us beating either. The same goes for Germany though, I can’t see them beating either of those teams.
If England could beat Germany then they could beat anyone, especially in a high pressure single game.

The biggest weight is history; England simply do not beat top sides in knockout games.

Get that monkey off the back and anything could happen.

Any side can be beaten

Yeah this game if we won would give them that confidence they can beat anyone in a single game, Germany have been strangley erratic we've been strangley calm and consistent anything could happen Tuesday.

Kane hasn't shown yup yet, if he finds form we are genuine contender as we'd have that player who can nick games. If he isn't playing well again I hope he's taken off sooner, can't be carrying anyone in this game.

If England could beat Germany then they could beat anyone, especially in a high pressure single game.

The biggest weight is history; England simply do not beat top sides in knockout games.

Any side can be beaten
I don’t disagree that in a one off game anything can happen but within that I see Germany as being on a similar level to us but France and Belgium are a step above.

It’s one thing to beat a good Germany side, it’s another to beat an exceptional Belgium or France.

Any side can be beaten

Im sure weve beaten Germany and Spain in knock out games

I don’t disagree that in a one off game anything can happen but within that I see Germany as being on a similar level to us but France and Belgium are a step above.

It’s one thing to beat a good Germany side, it’s another to beat an exceptional Belgium or France.
No, I would absolutely have Germany a step above, comfortably.

I'm not sure there are many positions where Germany don't have a better player; centre forward is one, but England's superior striker is well out of form and theirs is bang in form.

They certainly have a superior manager.

England for me are on the same level as Czech Republic and I am possibly flattering them by saying Denmark as well.

England knocking out Germany would surely be the shock of the tournament, more so than today's result

No, I would absolutely have Germany a step above, comfortably.

I'm not sure there are many positions where Germany don't have a better player; centre forward is one, but England's superior striker is well out of form and theirs is bang in form.

They certainly have a superior manager.

England for me are on the same level as Czech Republic and I am possibly flattering them by saying Denmark as well.

England knocking out Germany would surely be the shock of the tournament, more so than today's result
On paper, I think our midfield and forwards are every bit as good as theirs as are our full backs. I don’t think their centre backs are any better so really it’s only the keeper and manager.

Low is a better manager based on his record but he has seemed jaded the last few tournaments and his side have seemed erratic and out of sorts.

I think we are more than capable of giving the Germans a game whereas with France and Belgium they are a step or two above in most positions.

We will soon find out though I guess.

On paper, I think our midfield and forwards are every bit as good as theirs as are our full backs. I don’t think their centre backs are any better so really it’s only the keeper and manager.

Low is a better manager based on his record but he has seemed jaded the last few tournaments and his side have seemed erratic and out of sorts.

I think we are more than capable of giving the Germans a game whereas with France and Belgium they are a step or two above in most positions.

We will soon find out though I guess.
Germany have some outstanding players, but more importantly they play well together. England always play like a bunch of strangers and have done since the 98 world cup at least.

I think a lot of England's players are vastly overrated.

Rice and Phillips international class? Hmmmm. Mings? Grealish?

Are Foden or Mount anywhere near as good as people claim? Is Stones? How good is Rashford really? Trippier? Walker?

Jordan Henderson is one of those players who isn't actually all that good in a world class sense, but absolutely perfect in the mix of players that exist at his club and the exact role they need him for. Does that get replicated at England? No it doesn't.

We are asking something of England on Tuesday that they have shown little or no sign of being capable of so far. So it really is the litmus test; is this England side as good as the media claim it is? Are they really contenders? They need to beat Germany to answer yes to those

Germany have some outstanding players, but more importantly they play well together. England always play like a bunch of strangers and have done since the 98 world cup at least.

I think a lot of England's players are vastly overrated.

Rice and Phillips international class? Hmmmm. Mings? Grealish?

Are Foden or Mount anywhere near as good as people claim? Is Stones? How good is Rashford really? Trippier? Walker?

Jordan Henderson is one of those players who isn't actually all that good in a world class sense, but absolutely perfect in the mix of players that exist at his club and the exact role they need him for. Does that get replicated at England? No it doesn't.

We are asking something of England on Tuesday that they have shown little or no sign of being capable of so far. So it really is the litmus test; is this England side as good as the media claim it is? Are they really contenders? They need to beat Germany to answer yes to those
I think that’s the main difference - Germany tend to come together better as a team.

Stones was a big part of Man City winning the league and getting to the final of the Champion's League as were Foden and Walker.

Trippier was part of the Atletico team that has just won the Spanish League and Chilwell and James are Champions League winners.

Mount has become an ever present for both Tuchel and Southgate with Foden keeping Sterling out of the Man City side.

Rashford I have always thought was overrated. He plays with his head down too much and I don’t see what he brings to the party.

On paper we should be capable of matching Germany and giving them a proper game if not actually beating them.

Southgate’s pragmatism however has pretty much stopped us from seeing what we are really capable of. Pick any 3 players behind Kane and we should be able to cause most teams problems but Kane seems out of form and the others seem to be playing with the shackles on which has never suited us.

Belgium vs Portugal is dull so far which is a shame as it could have been a great game… And then that happens!

Last edited:
We beat an aging Croatia and a decent Czech Republic side.

Germany will be the first proper test for us though and we can only consider ourselves any sort of challengers if we win this one.
Are you saying we won't be contenders if we lose chap?

I think that’s the main difference - Germany tend to come together better as a team.

Stones was a big part of Man City winning the league and getting to the final of the Champion's League as were Foden and Walker.

Trippier was part of the Inter team that broke Juventus’ dominance of the Italian League and Chilwell and James are Champions League winners.

Mount has become an ever present for both Tuchel and Southgate with Foden keeping Sterling out of the Man City side.

Rashford I have always thought was overrated. He plays with his head down too much and I don’t see what he brings to the party.

On paper we should be capable of matching Germany and giving them a proper game if not actually beating them.

Southgate’s pragmatism however has pretty much stopped us from seeing what we are really capable of. Pick any 3 players behind Kane and we should be able to cause most teams problems but Kane seems out of form and the others seem to be playing with the shackles on which has never suited us.

Belgium vs Portugal is dull so far which is a shame as it could have been a great game… And then that happens!

Trippier plays for Atletico Madrid mate