European Super League | Page 26 | Vital Football

European Super League

The Super League are still saying that they are committed to the project. They say that football is unsustainable at the moment. Who would have thought that paying Messi £2m a week would be a bad idea?

ESL: Football is unsustainable at the moment, so we’re going to borrow $5bn dollars to set up a new organisation in the hope it generates even more revenue (which we have to pay back to JP Morgan with interest) so that we can sort our wage bills out and become profitable organisations...

:unsure:

Last edited:
ESL: Football is unsustainable at the moment, so we’re going to borrow $5bn dollars to set up a new organisation in the hope it generates even more revenue (which we have to pay back to JP Morgan with interest) so that we can sort our wage bills out and become profitable organisations...

Beat me to it. Apparently the solution is more debt and even more inflation in transfer fees and salaries. Football needs a long hard look at itself.

Just the first step and I suspect that all the clubs knew this would happen and the plan would fail.

This won’t go away. The whole world can see what the supposed top clubs want. And the likes of PSG and Bayern are just waiting in the wings for something more acceptable and they will be gone with the rest of them.

Victory for English football, a shame it didn't happen in 1992 but there you go. We are where we are.
We can't be all holier than thou as we all celebrate our rich foreign owners and their money that has bailed out our club. We really don't know their true motives, is it a dream hobby or something to eventually sell on at a massive profit.

I feel a little bit hypocritical here, wanting my club to get into this elite group but also criticising what they want to do.
Can't have it both ways can we unless we bring back Douginomics where we balance the books and the owners pay themselves a wage.

We’re all hypocrites, we want these mega rich owners but this is what happens when you get them. They are all about extracting maximum value. Had we been a bigger player in the premier league and considered as one of the big 6 I’m sure we would have been all over it.

Football is unsustainable due to a very simple economic principle. If you spend more than you earn you go bust!

Fools

Just heard the statement/apology from JW Henry bleating on about the project never working without the support of the fans.....err, well in that case why didn’t you consult the bloody fans in the first place you moron! They keep digging a bigger hole for themselves as each second passes!
And these people are held up a superb businessmen. It just shows how inadequate they really are. This whole mess of a project should have had a seriously critical approach attached to it. They all looked at the 'benefits' from the project and they spent months in writing up a 170 page contract and never once in that tome of a contract did they consider what the negative aspects of the project would be. Top businessmen my arse! Where was De Bono's black thinking hat in this process - we teach this to first year undergraduate business students!
The problem lies with the fact that these owners had extreme hubris and if you read Greek literature, it says that hubris is followed by nemesis.
What a complete dick John Henry made himself look - and rightly so.

Just the first step and I suspect that all the clubs knew this would happen and the plan would fail.

This won’t go away. The whole world can see what the supposed top clubs want. And the likes of PSG and Bayern are just waiting in the wings for something more acceptable and they will be gone with the rest of them.

Yep these clubs openly brag about having millions of "fans" around the world change that to customers in this online world we live in and we can see where this will end,
These clubs do tours of the far east and USA promoting themselves to these global "fans" they will be the biggest Customers if they aren't already.

Are our owner's die-hard Fans, nope we were just a Soccer team that was going begging?

We’re all hypocrites, we want these mega rich owners but this is what happens when you get them. They are all about extracting maximum value. Had we been a bigger player in the premier league and considered as one of the big 6 I’m sure we would have been all over it.
Thankfully Panglos the fans of the Big 6 (Cough!) Were just as horified at this prospect as the other clubs fans for which I'm very grateful.

Yep that goes for any Club with rich owners, they don't get rich by standing still they are ruthless people driven by greed and success.
Most of us would be on a permanent holiday if we won the lottery, not trying to turn it into billions

Thankfully Panglos the fans of the Big 6 (Cough!) Were just as horified at this prospect as the other clubs fans for which I'm very grateful.
However these fans still crave these mega rich owners and when they become unhappy at them not spending they want them out for another set of Arabs or Americans.

We have fans on here demanding marquee signings this summer. I’m sure if we don’t spend big people will be unhappy and question our owners.

I think fans are indirectly part of the problem. You can’t desire these mega rich owners and then be surprised when they try to pull something off like the ESL. It’s all about the money for them.

Yep these clubs openly brag about having millions of "fans" around the world change that to customers in this online world we live in and we can see where this will end,
These clubs do tours of the far east and USA promoting themselves to these global "fans" they will be the biggest Customers if they aren't already.

Are our owner's die-hard Fans, nope we were just a Soccer team that was going begging?

Yep, let’s not be naive . I wouldn’t believe for a second that our owners are ultimately any different than the owners of the Dippers and Manure. We are just not in a position to play this game at the moment. If we were in those clubs position in the league or across the world in terms of exposure i am sure our owners would be in the trough with the so called big 6.

And these people are held up a superb businessmen. It just shows how inadequate they really are. This whole mess of a project should have had a seriously critical approach attached to it. They all looked at the 'benefits' from the project and they spent months in writing up a 170 page contract and never once in that tome of a contract did they consider what the negative aspects of the project would be. Top businessmen my arse! Where was De Bono's black thinking hat in this process - we teach this to first year undergraduate business students!
The problem lies with the fact that these owners had extreme hubris and if you read Greek literature, it says that hubris is followed by nemesis.
What a complete dick John Henry made himself look - and rightly so.
Many billionaires tend to be ruthless 'businessmen' (criminals to most) who rape countries for their resources or favoured sons of medieval royal dynasties. Bit harsh to expect such rabble to understand the nuances of football. Puffed up imbeciles who got lucky.

However these fans still crave these mega rich owners and when they become unhappy at them not spending they want them out for another set of Arabs or Americans.

We have fans on here demanding marquee signings this summer. I’m sure if we don’t spend big people will be unhappy and question our owners.

I think fans are indirectly part of the problem. You can’t desire these mega rich owners and then be surprised when they try to pull something off like the ESL. It’s all about the money for them.
I would say this is simply a natural for fans given the competitive nature. But it wouldn’t be rocket science for football to devise a system whereby a person can own a club and blow a wad if they want without affecting the long term stability of the club if they then get bored and leave.

We still have a situation where Liverpool have won the CL twice? when they haven't even been champions of their own country but are classed as one of the big 6 , the Spurs haven't won the league for 60 years , All this big 6 needs stamping on now whilst the iron is hot.
Sky need a kick in the bollocks too for favouring these 6 clubs and talking as if the other 14 don't count, get rid of one-eyed pundits like Carra Neville Richards Sourness etc get in people with no bias, there are plenty of pundits out there who have played for many different clubs

All these owners coming out with the bollocks statements today about how they apologise to the fans and realise they got it wrong. Absolute bollocks, they would’ve known the reaction before and treated the fans with disdain taking this forward.

The apologies should not be treated as a mistake, they learned that lesson after Big Picture. They were an attempt of greed that failed, and the apology is for dragging the reputation and names of the “big” clubs to a new low.

What gets me is that all the press are talking about this as if it hasn't been mooted before. Think it was last year, and JP Morgan were financing it then. It was the other PL clubs that stopped it then - remember West Ham may have got special voting privileges or something.

This isn't going away and they are talking about revamping the idea. Someone sent me a WhatsApp: Last title - Man U 8 years, Arsenal 17 years, Liverpool 1 title in 30 years etc etc these are not even "successful clubs" anymore.