European Super League | Page 3 | Vital Football

European Super League

Great idea.
Let them go and play amongst themselves, as long as they don’t play in our leagues as well. We would have a fairer and more exciting competition without them, while their real fans (mainly in Asia and Africa) enjoy watching them on TV playing each other ad nauseum.
I’d be delighted if they went.
I agree totally.
I think it would be great for football. At the moment there are always going to be the top however many teams with the odd interloper, eg Leicester.
If it created a rather more level playing field in what was left of the Premier League with 3 up, 3 down, etc it would surely be a good thing.
Watching those 12 (or however many grasping owners get involved) will be just that - watching the same teams playing each other ad nauseam. Ultimately incredibly boring and a big turn off.
What they leave behind will be much better and more entertaining as long as:-
all the teams who go cannot play in any other domestic competition; and
once they leave they will face major difficulties in coming back.

.......and let's not be fooled here - our owner would have done exactly the same as the Big 6 if he were in a position to do so.

The joy of rich businessmen owners

.......and let's not be fooled here - our owner would have done exactly the same as the Big 6 if he were in a position to do so.

The joy of rich businessmen owners

I doubt it Aya. He has a much grander vision. Remember, it’s not “United Europe” he is building, but “United WORLD”.

It makes you proud to be British! :love1:
....................................(or Saudi). :hmmm:

I agree totally.
I think it would be great for football. At the moment there are always going to be the top however many teams with the odd interloper, eg Leicester.
If it created a rather more level playing field in what was left of the Premier League with 3 up, 3 down, etc it would surely be a good thing.
Watching those 12 (or however many grasping owners get involved) will be just that - watching the same teams playing each other ad nauseam. Ultimately incredibly boring and a big turn off.
What they leave behind will be much better and more entertaining as long as:-
all the teams who go cannot play in any other domestic competition; and
once they leave they will face major difficulties in coming back.

The game of football has long disappeared from what we remember it, being about football and not money orientated but lets say this goes ahead. How would the likes of Leicester feel if they became the top dogs and won Premier League year in, year out but not given a place in the Champions League and earning the riches it brings.

No the SL is different. A tied union of clubs for 23 years. No relegation.

Twelve clubs have signed up - six of them from the English Premier League.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham, would join AC Milan, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid.

The clubs want a new midweek competition and to continue competing in national leagues.

The ESL would have 20 teams. Of these, the 12 founding members - plus three yet to join - would be permanent and never face relegation.

Five other sides would qualify each year.

The new league would rival the current Champions League competition, one of the biggest club tournaments in football.

So it's not a closed shop we still have a pathway to the Super League, we can but dream, how those five teams qualify and retain their place isn't as yet known. At the moment the big clubs are testing the water nothing etched in stone.

"Young people are no longer interested in football. They have other platforms on which to distract themselves."

That quote is the justification for Real Madrid signing their soul away.

Read it and realise it is the biggest indictment on popular culture.

Fans don't want the Super League, but the new Champions League format is no better and just about increasing games and revenue for Uefa, every football association chases money they don't care about supporters makes good PR mind.

Twelve clubs have signed up - six of them from the English Premier League.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham, would join AC Milan, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid.

The clubs want a new midweek competition and to continue competing in national leagues.

The ESL would have 20 teams. Of these, the 12 founding members - plus three yet to join - would be permanent and never face relegation.

The new league would rival the current Champions League competition, one of the biggest club tournaments in football.

So it's not a closed shop we still have a pathway to the Super League, we can but dream, how those five teams qualify and retain their place isn't as yet known. At the moment the big clubs are testing the water nothing etched in stone.
It is for 23 years.

A new format based on huge revenues, inflated TV rights, merchandising, that's wildly unpopular with the fans, and the "death of the game" . Erm, that was the Premier League

The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules.

Lawyers will be rubbing their hands in expectation.

I noticed a bit of news that slipped by, about the Dutch and Belgian Leagues merging in 2025. I think makes sense for them, but there's lots of realigning going on, and tradition will be the casualty.

I noticed a bit of news that slipped by, about the Dutch and Belgian Leagues merging in 2025. I think makes sense for them, but there's lots of realigning going on, and tradition will be the casualty.

True and a good point. However I believe our tradition in this realm transcends Dutch and Belgian legacies, with no disrespect and bastardising further our history would be purely negative for the only people that matter after the players. The fans.

It is for 23 years.

Founding clubs, the 12 clubs and three more who could be joining as founding members, have signed a 23-year commitment to this new Super League.

Nobody is disputing the fact that 15 clubs will not be relegated but it is not a closed shop as five other teams would qualify every year. Let's just agree football associations, FIFA, UEFA and the Premiership are driven by money, to suggest any of them have the fans at the forefront of their decision making is laughable.