European Super League | Page 2 | Vital Football

European Super League

Not a fan of his but has he done anything against the rules? ManU joining would be.'

Did I say he had done anything wrong? I said he was a hypocrite. I've never heard him complain about how SKY has damaged football, which a lot of fans are convinced it has. No he hasn't because he is making a cracking living on the back of it. We know it's beyond our wildest dreams that we where in the elite top six would you actually want us to be relegated, it's a bizarre statement.

Did I say he had done anything wrong? I said he was a hypocrite. I've never heard him complain about how SKY has damaged football, which a lot of fans are convinced it has. No he hasn't because he is making a cracking living on the back of it. We know it's beyond our wildest dreams that we where in the elite top six would you actually want us to be relegated, it's a bizarre statement.
Sorry lad but if you think he's done nothing wrong then how can he be a hypocrite? He spent a fortune (to you and me) with his mates to buy several
promotions for Salford, is that wrong? Didn't we want a multi-millionaire to do the same for us?

You are fully enititled not to like the bloke but did anybody on here, including you, tell our club not to take the Sky money?

Thing with Gary’s rant is he’s admitted he’s made a lot of money out of football he’s not denying it and he’s said he’s not averse to money being in football but it’s the selling out of the fans he appears to be upset about I don’t see him as being hypocritical but everybody sees things differently

They can want all they want. Gary Neville got it 100% bang right. He wants them fining and points deducted just for expressing the intent to break away. Personally it would be the best thing to ever happen to the English Leagues if they got kicked out.
They'd soon get bored of playing the same old teams every week. Kick them out, English football wouldn't miss them. Much rather go to Turf Moor, Leicester, etc than soulless grounds like Old Trashford, Emirates etc.

Even their own fans have been on sky saying they don’t want to be part of it but when have fans ever been considered

Sorry lad but if you think he's done nothing wrong then how can he be a hypocrite? He spent a fortune (to you and me) with his mates to buy several
promotions for Salford, is that wrong? Didn't we want a multi-millionaire to do the same for us?

You are fully enititled not to like the bloke but did anybody on here, including you, tell our club not to take the Sky money?

I remember when the Premiership started fans, clubs other football associations saying it's the end of football as we know it, the reality is it is still going strong. Football has to evolve, this proposal may not even come to fruition, but the bigger clubs will continue to push for it. I have always welcomed Sky since it's inception, it provides revenue to enable Utd to develop, posters on here and S2 have resented it's involvement, due to changing game dates and times but SKY he who pays the piper calls the tune. The Premiership was created to give the bigger clubs more money, the Super League isn't any different. I don't recall Neville slagging the Premiership evolution, therefore he's a hypocrite.

The premier league and this new super league are completely different you can join the premier league by being promoted and as we know to our cost you can also be relegated from it the opportunity is there for any team to get there this new league is a closed shop no matter how bad you get you will still be there and no matter how good you become you won’t be allowed in to compete as has been said 3 of the 6 couldn’t even get into the champions league this yr it’s wrong on so many levels
tomorrow should be interesting when the other 14 clubs in the prem hold a meeting to decide their course of action over this new development

Great idea.
Let them go and play amongst themselves, as long as they don’t play in our leagues as well. We would have a fairer and more exciting competition without them, while their real fans (mainly in Asia and Africa) enjoy watching them on TV playing each other ad nauseum.
I’d be delighted if they went.
They don't want to go though do they WC? If that was the case I'd wave them off and hopefully I'll never have to watch them play again.

They still want to play in their respective domestic league leagues (no doubt with special dispensation to increase their squad sizes so that it's all possible) and then hoover up everything they can from both competitions. They literally do want to have their cake and eat it. Of course all the football governing bodies are saying the right things now but we all know ((and all the clubs all know) that they'll bottle it down the road and these 6 clubs will come out of all this Better than they went into it.

Last edited:
The way I read it the Premiership will continue with the six clubs included, the Super league will be a replacement for the Champions League for the breakaway group. Presumably the Champions League and Euro will continue without the breakaway groups and still allow teams in the Premiership to enter European competitions although diluted. As yet it hasn't happened and may not come to fruition but they will continue to push for it.

It's the selling out the fans that confuses me, when have football club ever considered the fans answers on a postcard please.

Last edited:
The way I read it the Premiership will continue with the six clubs included, the Super league will be a replacement for the Champions League for the breakaway group. Presumably the Champions League and Euro will continue without the breakaway groups and still allow teams in the Premiership to enter European competitions although diluted. As yet it hasn't happened and may not come to fruition but they will continue to push for it.

It's the selling out the fans that confuses me, when have football club ever considered the fans answers on a postcard please.
Never like I said above
but I think there’s been a realisation this last yr that it’s the fans that make football what it is I mean who watches every game these days its sterile they even pipe crowd noise over the top to try and create an atmosphere

Never like I said above
but I think there’s been a realisation this last yr that it’s the fans that make football what it is I mean who watches every game these days its sterile they even pipe crowd noise over the top to try and create an atmosphere

I watch most of the games on Sky without the crowd noise but that's a choice you can have, found it interesting to hear the benches shouting and the screaming of the players is bizarre. Often when watching I turn the sound down to avoid listening to certain pundits, I watch a game to see goals and players skill the crowd atmosphere comes secondary to me but it's all about preferences. I always
enjoyed the pre-match and post match craic on many occasions the actual match spoiled the day out.

I remember when the Premiership started fans, clubs other football associations saying it's the end of football as we know it, the reality is it is still going strong. Football has to evolve, this proposal may not even come to fruition, but the bigger clubs will continue to push for it. I have always welcomed Sky since it's inception, it provides revenue to enable Utd to develop, posters on here and S2 have resented it's involvement, due to changing game dates and times but SKY he who pays the piper calls the tune. The Premiership was created to give the bigger clubs more money, the Super League isn't any different. I don't recall Neville slagging the Premiership evolution, therefore he's a hypocrite.

No the SL is different. A tied union of clubs for 23 years. No relegation.