European Super League | Page 19 | Vital Football

European Super League

The arrogance and condescension emanating from that sentence and the whole statement is staggering......OMG

Don't forget. these Clubs along with Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpool and JoMU tried to stop us from being their equal and competing on a level playing field and UEFA were complicit in this too.

Why we ever considered climbing into bed with these snakes heaven knows, but these Clubs are in debt up to their eye balls because they have been allowed to spend beyond their means for decades and when that was challenged, we know what happened then.

F
Don't forget. these Clubs along with Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpool and JoMU tried to stop us from being their equal and competing on a level playing field and UEFA were complicit in this too.

Why we ever considered climbing into bed with these snakes heaven knows, but these Clubs are in debt up to their eye balls because they have been allowed to spend beyond their means for decades and when that was challenged, we know what happened then.
FOMO was the only reason

I tried reading it but found it tiresome and gave up. That some reform is required i can agree with - but not the self-enrichment they had planned and I remain disappointed our senior management opted to jump in with them.

£22m fine imposed on the 6 ESL clubs plus a further £25m and 30pt deduction if they stray from the fold again.

European Super League: Six English clubs fined £22m by Premier League https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57414151

I note the comments about the owners of Arsenal, JoMU, Liverpool TM failed, & Spurs stumping up for the fine.........my anticipation being that if City’s owners do the same their will be headlines of “City’s Oil Rich Owners Subsidise Club in breach of FFP” or some similar shit :spam:

So if that is the case the only clubs that have been punished is the 6 EPL clubs who have been fined by the Premier and UEFA but these three have got off Scot free?
That does not make any sense. I think that the whole affair is stuck in a legal quagmire with the UEFA action suspended because of a court ruling in favour of these three………but I can easily see them getting away with it. And ZERO sanction by their domestic football authorities? Now THAT stinks and is indicative of how much they were on board with the whole plan.

That does not make any sense. I think that the whole affair is stuck in a legal quagmire with the UEFA action suspended because of a court ruling in favour of these three………but I can easily see them getting away with it. And ZERO sanction by their domestic football authorities? Now THAT stinks and is indicative of how much they were on board with the whole plan.

i agree Skoorb, I do think it was a plan to destroy the Premier League as we know it, because it has become a Giant, and players now want to play here whereas before it was Spain or Italy our best talent went to.

I wondered why 6 teams here and only three from Spain and Italy, and it would appear the respect Leagues agreed because it would be good economically for them and disastrous for us.

The lack of any action by their respective domestic leagues does expose them - no sanction AT ALL? Seems you have identified a key driver behind the scheme. The PL is the TOP football product across the globe generating huge revenues……stripping so many top clubs out of it would have caused it to fold as advertisers and sponsors followed the ESL…..or so they thought.

i agree Skoorb, I do think it was a plan to destroy the Premier League as we know it, because it has become a Giant, and players now want to play here whereas before it was Spain or Italy our best talent went to.

Although the absolute best ie Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Mbappe, Neymar appear able to resist its lure...