European Super League | Page 17 | Vital Football

European Super League

It is significant that City fans after the initial ravings against the club have not protested like the fans from other Clubs, I think we fans realise that this decision by the top Officials in the Club was a mistake and have in the main forgiven them, I do think there will be more problems to come if there is no safeguard in place to prevent it.

I am not sure that Liverpool, United and Arsenal could be trusted not to join another breakaway with those safeguards.

It is significant that City fans after the initial ravings against the club have not protested like the fans from other Clubs, I think we fans realise that this decision by the top Officials in the Club was a mistake and have in the main forgiven them, I do think there will be more problems to come if there is no safeguard in place to prevent it.

I am not sure that Liverpool, United and Arsenal could be trusted not to join another breakaway with those safeguards.
Interesting isn't it? For all the raging by fans of other some of these other clubs about City "ruining football" etc.....these are the ones who gave been mist vociferous in their protests about their owners since the SL emerged.

They always knew in their hearts that the way their clubs were being managed was unsustainable but were happy to deflect attention and blame others like Sheik Mansour.

From the Athletic today.

Italian clubs that join breakaway competitions will be banned from participating in Serie A after the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) approved new legislation.

From the Athletic today.

Italian clubs that join breakaway competitions will be banned from participating in Serie A after the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) approved new legislation.
Perhaps that’s what all leagues should do. That would ensure the ESL can never be resurrected?

If the English FA banned the dirty 6, no one would watch.
The broadcasters have clauses that mean if the competition is radically altered they can reduce their payments etc. This would then drastically affected the remaining clubs. The PL is the most lucrative televised football in the world - it would cripple Sky etc....

The broadcasters have clauses that mean if the competition is radically altered they can reduce their payments etc. This would then drastically affected the remaining clubs. The PL is the most lucrative televised football in the world - it would cripple Sky etc....
If Sky were crippled, that might be a good thing for football in the UK

Take away their PL voting rights for a fixed period, say 5 years.

Not sure on the legalities of that but it would kill them to lose control and influence over PL matters.