European Super League | Page 5 | Vital Football

European Super League

Us, Chelsea and Real so PSG win by default?

Can UEFA afford to lose out on the TV broadcast for this? I'm sure sponsors will be looking for rebates too.
Let them do it. Crown a fake champion, and they themselves will put the final nail in the CL coffin. Good riddance.

Wow. I did not expect this from ratboy.

Neville: Manchester City will back out
On the back of criticism of the proposals from all four staff and players interviewed before and after Liverpool's draw at Leeds, Neville added that the backlash from inside the game, rather than on the terraces, would leave club owners faltering about their commitment to the ESL.
Neville told Monday Night Football he believed more clubs would follow if one were to get cold feet about their involvement - and highlighted his old side's nearest rivals, Manchester City, as the most likely to go first.
"Manchester City will go," he said. "Why do the Abu Dhabi people, who are trying to build reputation around the world, who have invested in communities all around the world, to build excellent football clubs, a network of football.
"I was doubtful of them coming into Manchester all those years ago, but what they've done to the east side of Manchester is a joke. It's awe-inspiring. It's unbelievable.
"The best stadium, best facilities, best training grounds, they've built houses, a whole area; they've built a legacy round there. They've done it for marketing purposes, you could argue, to to establish themselves as a global presence… Why do they need this? They don't need money, they don't need an extra £50m a year. They need to convert themselves into people accepted around the world, as sporting people.
"They've got Pep Guardiola, the most amazing manager, they've created a football team which is unbelievable. City must fold, because these two that we support (Man Utd and Liverpool), they're gone. Manchester City don't want this, they can't need this."

I pray to God he’s right.
Hopefully the backlash from all quarters will make City think again and imagine the kudos if we do!! 🙏
Now that the UK Government have got themselves involved the Big 6 stand no chance, they will back down and try to get a better deal from the revised EUFA Champion League. The big 6 have underestimated the response, big time.

Now that the UK Government have got themselves involved the Big 6 stand no chance, they will back down and try to get a better deal from the revised EUFA Champion League. The big 6 have underestimated the response, big time.
The damage is already done for us.

The damage is already done for us.
Yes the damage is done, but if we back down early we will gain some Kudos. Our Sheik has been poorly advised, all the work getting the Community onside, not just in Manchester has gone in a puff of smoke. The UK Government has an easy card to play, work permits for foreign players, that is all it will take to kill the proposal stone dead.

Whether we withdraw or not the reputation all damage has been done. By joining this circus we have confirmed for everyone that this proved what they have been saying since 2008....that we are ruining football. Inflating transfer fees, over paying for players, pushing up player wages, choking off young talent...etc etc. To this they will add “destroying the National game altogether”.

Having spent years building up a reputation for sound investment in the club and community that have quite simply, with one fatal move shredded all that good work. I am very sad about our involvement in this fiasco.

The archtects of this scheme - the US owners - seriously underestimated the reaction and response (especially by an opportunist government keen to stay on the right side of a popular public reaction having learnt from their response to Barnard Gate-gate last year).

Whether we withdraw or not the reputation all damage has been done. By joining this circus we have confirmed for everyone that this proved what they have been saying since 2008....that we are ruining football. Inflating transfer fees, over paying for players, pushing up player wages, choking off young talent...etc etc. To this they will add “destroying the National game altogether”.

Having spent years building up a reputation for sound investment in the club and community that have quite simply, with one fatal move shredded all that good work. I am very sad about our involvement in this fiasco.

The archtects of this scheme - the US owners - seriously underestimated the reaction and response (especially by an opportunist government keen to stay on the right side of a popular public reaction having learnt from their response to Barnard Gate-gate last year).

I listened to a podcast that was posted by Colin

That Owners are not bothered about bad PR, they want to run this so called Super League just like the Leagues in American Football

If City change their minds and back out, and it brings the collapse of this breakaway, their reputation won't be as tarnished as the others, but these back stabbers who we are in bed with right now I would not trust to sit the right way round on a toilet seat.

City fans have dreamt about the chance to win the Champions League, to win Titles, all that is in jeopardy.

These teams think they can continue in the League as normal but play their own competitions this is not going to happen

I am not making excuses for our owner, but fear of missing out on the wrong side of History may have played a huge roll. I think he has had bad advice, lets face it he does not need the money and having built the CFG from scratch has destroyed in one fell swoop all the good work done, we will cave in no doubt and our Chair and CEO will be gone very soon.

Martin Samuel was a staunch supporter of City in their battles with UEFA over the introduction of the cartel protecting FFP rules. This feels like we have lost one of our strongest allies. Having railed in frustration against the closed shop and the ‘elite pulling up the ladder’ I find we have become one of them. I feel profoundly disappointed. I feel let down. I thought we were different. More fool me.

Martin Samuel was a staunch supporter of City in their battles with UEFA over the introduction of the cartel protecting FFP rules. This feels like we have lost one of our strongest allies. Having railed in frustration against the closed shop and the ‘elite pulling up the ladder’ I find we have become one of them. I feel profoundly disappointed. I feel let down. I thought we were different. More fool me.

well said, I thought we would stand against this and cannot see us just competing solely in a Super League if the premier League decide to expel those Clubs involved and everything else becomes meaningless as if history is being erased before our very eyes.