European Super League | Page 2 | Vital Football

European Super League

It's an appalling idea - if City sign up for it then it's because they are just as greedy as everyone else and couldn't give a shit about anyone else or the history of the game in this country. Any broadcasters will be screening games held in half empty stadiums.

In other news the gap is now only eight pints, now THAT is exciting.

Quite so. We railed against the “Elite” and their “cosy little club” when we were fighting FFP - now it seems our club has sold it’s soul to pay the entrance fee. We were vilified by fans of other clubs for ‘buying success’ and felt it was just jealousy. If we thought it was bad before we can expect worse now - they will feel justified and they have a case. I wanted us to compete and improve our status but if this is what it takes then to say I am disappointed would be a massive understatement and i feel really let down by the owner’s decision to join this circus. I understand the point made at #29 (City had to make a choice - join now or risk having their noses pressed up against the glass yet again looking in from the outside.....but I thought this was exactly the sort of elitist behaviour we were fighting against).

We all look to our clubs as a safe haven, a place where we can get away from other things and forget our troubles for a while.......right now I feel they have taken even that away from me and that is not what I need right now.
I wouldn’t pay to watch this. Ever.
What a fucking mess :mad:

It's disgusting - and UEFA no doubt positioning themselves as victims. One massive question remains unanswered, why the fuck are Spuds included? - last title 60 years ago and unless they get their act together this weekend when was the last time they won anything? If I was Leicester I'd be fuming/relieved.

It would be interesting to see which non invited clubs who later qualified for it then rejected the invite, and when they later got relegated would their national leagues let them rejoin?

City could have made a major statement by declining membership, but they didn't, they just want more money.

The fans don't want it so who do the organisers think is going to pay to watch it? We've seen what empty stadiums look/sound like.

It probably won't happen but the damage is already done.