Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 198 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Interesting that the permanent customs union and second referendum got more votes than May's deal.
It was always going to be a two stage affair, I just guessed more would be sensible at the first stage.

I think the only thing to do now really is move the 3 best through to Monday from last night and then add May's deal and at the end of Monday, we have an answer and a compromise and then we just get on with it.

No answer yet on whether May can bring her deal back as well?

Bercow has said not without changes, and I can't see how they can make any changes - EU not prepared to make any more alterations, etc.

Also, DUP said categorically they will not support it in its current form, so pointless I would have thought? Unless the Magic Money Tree produces for them again!

And re her intention to resign if the vote passes - her track record on saying one thing and doing another speaks for itself. No election in 2017, Grenfell re-housing, Windrush all spring immediately to mind.

Some arguing the change of standpoint in Parliament on voting is enough - others saying tied to Beckett's vote would be more than enough. Even then though, the numbers haven't changed enough by anyone's count.

Whatever happens though, it's still tied to the parts of the deal that the EU won't renegotiate and that doesn't change unless we go customs union I think?

Yup, she's already said she wouldn't contest the next election anyway so we knew she was going, but is funny watching Francois (a minute ago) and Whittingdale getting all arsy when asked about the perception of vote if I resign, they jump to vote lol

It'll take a general election to sort this out. Until one party has a majority in Parliament they're never getting any decision made. Have an election, come clean on the party policy then run it up the flagpole.Except the only parties who will have an unambiguous and honest policy on Europe will be the Lib. Dems, the Greens and the Scots Nats. The other two will bullshit and prevaricate so that they don't lose support on either side of the Brexit divide.

because it's just on the legally binding bit not the wishful thinking section which will be ignored later.
So radically quite diffferent then - the Mike Dean of parliament seems to have had his moment I guess

Missed the build up on the report and only caught Bercow saying it was different so was a little befuddled lol

Didn't know if something had been tagged on or owt like that.

They are beyond a laughing stock now. Theresa May can't even summon up enough support to resign properly :lol:

Ok parliament, so you don't like my deal. How about we vote on a bit of my deal? Oh go on, be nice. If you're nice to me, I'll quietly retire with mine and Philip's millions and let that nice Mr Johnson with the funny hair come in and completely trash everything. How does that sound?!

Good chance it will all end in another election and what a choice. Vote Tory for Brexit. Labour for a really really soft brexit or no brexit and Corbyn as PM for 5 years. I can hardly wait. I thought trump or Hilary Clinton was a poor choice as well, but that might top it?

Agree, an election would be even more horrific at the moment.

Corbyn - NO.
Boris, JRM, Raab, any of the favourites - NO.
Cable has admitted he's not staying so - NO.

:sick:

Correct me if I'm wrong though but even then this is a pissing contest as NOTHING is binding on the next leader anyway?