Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 283 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

(only used that much quote wise because it is BBC and the two final bits have links to further articles btw. Please don't quote papers with that many paragraphs.)

What’s the rules mate? I go with as long as you link it you can quote the whole thing. Is that not the case?

This is actually the first time in my life I've come to realise that just as I look back in history and think 'what the hell was wrong with them' - we are now the 'them' to those that follow in 50-100+ years time.
Foresight is a wonderful thing Mike.
Who knows, you might be on the wrong side of history.

What’s the rules mate? I go with as long as you link it you can quote the whole thing. Is that not the case?

Just a reminder so we don't all get in trouble/infringe copyright:

Folks, as per our rules...

6 - Can people remember as well as quoting the source to copy and paste the article LINK into the thread please and don't cut and paste the WHOLE of someone elses article on Vital, it is a copyright infringement.

SO PLEASE DON'T quote the whole article. Quote a part and then link.

eg:

It wasn't the first time that a Dragons' Den reject struck gold.

A wine sold in its own cup that was unceremoniously booted out by the billionaire entrepreneurs from Dragons' Den has scooped a major award at the wine 'Oscars'.

then link to the rest:

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/10/12/dragons-den-reject-wins-major-wine-award/?ncid=webmail14

As opposed to cut and pasting the whole article which means people don't click and go to the original source. It isn't fair to the original author / site not to get the traffic from it.

Exporters to the EU face 7,000-truck-long queues in Kent and two-day delays to trade after the Brexit transition period ends, the government has warned. Imports will also be disrupted in January, according to a letter from cabinet minister Michael Gove to the freight industry, seen by BBC News.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54260470

Microwave mangled...oven burnt?

Exporters to the EU face 7,000-truck-long queues in Kent and two-day delays to trade after the Brexit transition period ends, the government has warned. Imports will also be disrupted in January, according to a letter from cabinet minister Michael Gove to the freight industry, seen by BBC News.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54260470

Microwave mangled...oven burnt?

It’s only 7,000 if we’ve got enough UK pallets to deliver the products on. Anyone work for Chep who can update us?

Funnily enough my old man is in the heat treatment game, it’s a small industry which now could boom.

I find it hard to believe that they are so utterly incompetent. Like a conspiracy theorist, I'm waiting for the mastermind to emerge from the shadows and announce that it was his cunning plan all along. Could they really be so utterly incompetent that they are happy to renege on their agreement to put a border in the Irish Sea so that they can put a border in Kent?

inews reporting that a trade deal looks close

Negotiators on both sides are quietly plugging away at a free-trade agreement even while politicians snipe at each other

There is a draft legal text weighing in around 650 pages, with just
two outstanding issues remaining to be agreed: fishing rights for European boats in UK waters, and the state aid rules imposed by Britain’s Government after the end of the transition period.

https://inews.co.uk/news/analysis/brexit-trade-deal-looks-close-internal-market-bill-uk-eu-659715

A trade deal is a must for the average Brit to not be hit hard, it doesn’t matter which side of the fence you sit on whether you are a leaver who wants to completely get rid of the EU or whether you are a remainer wanting it to be a car crash.

Let’s see how good a deal we get...

Would be a huge relief, especially at such a difficult time pandemic wise. I have a feeling in spite of the hapless politicians, the negotiators realise this has to be agreed, just has to be, in such uneasy times.

Imagine it isn't? And even more businensses go bust, in Europe and in the UK? And all of us/them end up paying more for goods? Wouldn't go down well would it?

My only fear is the EU can't really just kowtow to us, surely, because if they do, other countries will leave as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54345882

Brexit: Blow to UK car industry in search for EU deal

But, but, but, I was assured Brexit would be good for industry. I was promised. What happened?
Well it's really good business to have to go out and renegotiate existing deals on worse terms, isn't it? Ah it's a big world out there they say, let's strike more deals with China and the US and make all sorts of crazy concessions because they know our bargaining position is weak.

It's just idiotic isn't it?

In a strange way, I’ll be disappointed in the EU if they bend over to some degree with the trade deal and let us pick and choose. I actually think despite the local media suggesting they’re “big, bad bullies” and all that, I think they’re just trying to negotiate professionally and use standard negotiations tactics. Brits aren’t very good at negotiating, the Europeans I work with with I find are much stronger. Probably why our negotiating team has Europeans in it.

I also think they are probably looking at an amateurish UK negotiation team trying to play big cards and it’s just embarrassing. I said under Theresa May that the negotiation she was leading was weak, the other way, but the lengths we’ve gone to in order to gain the power seems to have hit our credibility.

The British prime minister ladies and gentlemen on the most disastrous prospect for British consumers and its industry since the war time...

He today restated his willingness to accept no-deal, breaking into a Crocodile Dundee accent as he told the Daily Telegraph: “Australia holds no terrors for us mate, we say good on yer, no worries, no wukkas.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...von-der-leyen-trade-negotiations-b756478.html

The Lib Dem claim at the bottom is interesting, where they reckon a deal is being held up because of a reluctance to sign up to climate change commitments. One of the real shames for me from leaving the EU, is the greater power in forcing us to do our bit for the world. No-one give me the “our laws will be better” bollocks, we’ll make some targets up to miss comfortably.

200w.gif

Just when I think there can't be anything more that can leave me open mouthed, someone does it. Today I decided to response to a scot on a FB thread kicking off about the English and Welsh voting leave. This is his post. Named blocked out for obvious reasons. You can work out my response

To cut it short it turned out he was one of the 38% of Scots who voted leave but had changed his mind and wanted independence so thry could go back in. I thought he was a troll until I looked at his FB page20201008_144659.jpg