Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 284 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Might not be a deal.

You know, the easiest one ever - oven ready (as MF posted on the previous page)

It's almost as if they lied to us?! :unsure:

Course there will be a deal, even this buffoon knows we need a deal, heā€™s just trying to act up to being a good negotiator.

The flippant remark doesnā€™t seem quite as scary as the article, next week weā€™ll see a raised threat of ā€œno dealā€ plastered in every headline. By the end of November, low and behold = deal.

Someone on a podcast said that the end of October was really the deadline since it would take months to resolve the paperwork. Still, I can't see why a temporary solution couldn't be found if a deal was reached at the last minute.

Someone on a podcast said that the end of October was really the deadline since it would take months to resolve the paperwork. Still, I can't see why a temporary solution couldn't be found if a deal was reached at the last minute.

The thing is with these absolute fucking idiots in charge who donā€™t understand the reality of what they are deciding, this has massive implications for my company and ultimately the consumer. The amount things we have to change is mammouth and quite a seismic change for just one company. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands of companies of all shape and sizes, and then factor in all the government organisations and system that need to understand, change and be ready for the go live date...

Itā€™s going to be week if not months of complete fucking disaster with a no deal. And thatā€™s knowing the impact now, and not the last minute in November just before the country slows down for Xmas!

Iā€™m half intrigued to see a no deal which is a bit economically sadistic.

Doesn't matter to them, they are rich, even the likes of Farage and that horrible bloke who owns Wetherspoons, if it all goes tits up, they'll make even more money in a recession and can sell bloody books that berks will still buy!

Itā€™s quite interesting though how corona and lockdown is much bigger news, and apart from those in industry or politically motivated i donā€™t believe this headline will have the shock that Boris and Co will have hoped.

Bloke I work with was banging on today about ā€œEU being bulliesā€. I blame that on that slimeball Gove, he comes out with a statement, plants a seed and Brits are quoting him a few weeks later. Smart operator though is Gove

As you know, I can never understand why the working classes always bow and scrape, and take all the crap fed to them, from the toffs! Yes sir, no sir...

As you know, I can never understand why the working classes always bow and scrape, and take all the crap fed to them, from the toffs! Yes sir, no sir...

In alot of cases it's lower intellect! I know it sounds snobby but its true. The toffs feed them this crap and they take it as face value

It seems to me that Boris is backing himself into a corner.

To me, it seems like heā€™s trying to use Cummings shock and rock the boat tactics, but it isnā€™t driving the desired patriotism at home (because the average Brit probably isnā€™t losing much sleep over a deal or not, though we should all be), neither is it looking very professional with the European negotiators.

I was critical of Mayā€™s negotiation tactics 2 years ago as for me she didnā€™t start hard enough, she started at a position that wouldā€™ve seen her lose our seat at the table but have to accept all four freedoms. Boris has - near the last minute - decided to send his curve ball in.

Behind the headlines, it doesnā€™t actually sound like the negotiators are far off.

I havenā€™t read the article in detail only skim read, but there are Netflix programmes about this, The Great Hack. Trump and CA isnā€™t new news to me, unless itā€™s something else in there Iā€™m missing?

Itā€™s fascinating what they did, CA worked successfully on campaigns that all went against what voted for and what I would vote against if I could, they were unbelievable at what they did.

I havenā€™t read the article in detail only skim read, but there are Netflix programmes about this, The Great Hack. Trump and CA isnā€™t new news to me, unless itā€™s something else in there Iā€™m missing?

Itā€™s fascinating what they did, CA worked successfully on campaigns that all went against what voted for and what I would vote against if I could, they were unbelievable at what they did.

I only skim read and didn't deep dive, but it seems there's evidence the whole vote leave in conjunction with CA was a lot murkier than already suspected. But that's not really a surprise is it.

The CANZUK proposal is interesting.

It's never going to replace volume of trade that the UK does with the EU but a cultural union is something that hasn't been tried before on this scale.

I donā€™t know if I find it funny at how simplistically we are referring to the deals, whether thatā€™s the intelligence of the public or the PM with the ā€œCanadaā€ or ā€œAustralianā€ style. I bet heā€™s only just got up to speed with the Canada arrangement is.

From what Iā€™ve read about the Canada deal, it only covers goods and travel. Great for a nation which relies more heavily on services...

I donā€™t doubt weā€™ll get a low tariff agreement on goods with the EU - that benefits them and the consumer. The acid test for Boris and Co will be what the negotiate for our very important and highly lucrative (if sometimes a bit murky) financial sector.