Europa League | Page 18 | Vital Football

Europa League

welch47 - 5/11/2015 18:38

Again naked at the back post

I'm sick fuckin saying it. Our back post is a twilight zone for our defence and it's the coaching that's to blame. Criminal to have let the same fuckin flaw go unrectified this fuckin long.

It is and it's why Deila will be under pressure no matter what the domestic record is. Against real competition, we keep shipping the same goals.

Of the 47 problems with Ronny's strategy, another is fatigue. We spend the entire first 60 minutes in possession in another teams half, spreading passes, racing into a crowd and desperately trying to find a hole. Then we race back on the break. By 60 minutes, the players are wiped out.

I like Ronny, wanted him in. He's adequate for spfl but Europe has become embarrassing under him. We'll forfeit 3yrs CL group stages & £60m if he stays.

Decision time is fast approaching.

Typical pennywise and pound foolish management of the team. Get the less-expensive coach and go for cheap players and then miss out on what should be a nice payday in at least two of three seasons.

OK.....that was pish......AGAIN!

Tierney was undoubtedly our Man of the Match! Very few others actually showed up!

There wasn't enough desire from the players, you wouldn't know we wanted to win the game. I think the majority of tonight was that the player's didn't turn up, particularly defensively rather than Deila getting things wrong. However Deila is getting it wrong against this Molde side when it comes to formation and how we attack them....clearly it's not working!
Strachan said after the game that Molde basically said "OK you're CBs can have the ball all they want, now come and break us down".....and we don't have CBs who can play like that! Simunovic is the one with the most ability to do that and he was taken out of the game really early. Still not convinced that wasn't intentional from Molde. IF we are presented with that, what we have to do is really quite simple. Take Bitton and move him to CB, then take a CB and stick him up front as a target to knock long balls to.....

Apparently Deila was tasked with getting CL football in 3 out of 5 seasons. He's already failed twice and f we can't even do well against Molde in the Europa League, the board and Lawell must be questioning whether it's possible to meet the 3 out of 5 objective starting from next season. Clearly this team still needs a quality addition or two but Lennon was getting CL football with a fairly similar team and budget so the questions have to therefore be asked of Deila and his tactics.

There's no doubt Deila is a good coach and I think a lot of what he says and does are very good and very true but I fear his stubbornness with this system may be his downfall!

You kind of contradicted yourself. He got it wrong because he had the same game plan as last time and we got a similar result. I'm telling you, we started out great and had vigor, enthusiasm and chances. Then one goal on the break and we lose heart. Then the players get tired from running up and down the pitch. We go flat about 65 minutes in everyone of these games.

Same tactics. Similar result. I don't understand it. Who runs the same play and expects a different result? We win domestically because of better talent and much more depth. It doesn't work against better competition. And this is the best team in Norway! Not Italy or Germany. Norway! It's embarrassing.

Latest Celtic News