Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 203 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Ollie hit on it after the second half at Luton when he said the midfield was too far away from him.
This walking football is ok at times but becomes so predictable when we do it all the time.
Yes,Villan 57, at times we appear to take fannying around to new levels. Slowly, slowly, we edge forward. But we are in with a good shout to be playing Champions League Football next season. We old gits appreciate our revival and whilst our style is not dynamic, a la Liverpool or Man City, it is effective. Emery has awoken the old Lion and we roar again. Not tonight, admittedly.

Yes,Villan 57, at times we appear to take fannying around to new levels. Slowly, slowly, we edge forward. But we are in with a good shout to be playing Champions League Football next season. We old gits appreciate our revival and whilst our style is not dynamic, a la Liverpool or Man City, it is effective. Emery has awoken the old Lion and we roar again. Not tonight, admittedly.
I think we play exciting and wonderful technical football is spells. A lot is made of the hustle and bustle of Liverpools football, which I do enjoy but I think we generally strike a good balance between exciting and cautious.

Arsenal fans made a big deal about his football being conservative. And to a degree he is like that but that man has so much more enthusiasm than Pep that I can see it in his football. Pep has the lads like robots their football lacks emotion, Klopps football is all emotion and IMO Emery has that middle ground.

Emery doesn't completely discourage expression but I think Pep does.

I think we play exciting and wonderful technical football is spells. A lot is made of the hustle and bustle of Liverpools football, which I do enjoy but I think we generally strike a good balance between exciting and cautious.

Arsenal fans made a big deal about his football being conservative. And to a degree he is like that but that man has so much more enthusiasm than Pep that I can see it in his football. Pep has the lads like robots their football lacks emotion, Klopps football is all emotion and IMO Emery has that middle ground.

Emery doesn't completely discourage expression but I think Pep does.
I'd be really happy with our football if we played like we do only 20 yards further up the pitch and not keep going back to the keeper all the time. One misplaced pass and we are in the shite, It's a common thing with most teams these days giving away soft goals, I like to see the opposition work for their goals I'm afraid
We've probably conceded 10 too many goals this season in the league s so we aren't that far off being very good at the style Unai wants

I'd be really happy with our football if we played like we do only 20 yards further up the pitch and not keep going back to the keeper all the time. One misplaced pass and we are in the shite, It's a common thing with most teams these days giving away soft goals, I like to see the opposition work for their goals I'm afraid
We've probably conceded 10 too many goals this season in the league s so we aren't that far off being very good at the style Unai wants
I agree, funny you say it because I was looking the other day if we score 1 more goal it puts us into the 60s with Arsenal, City, Liverpool. And again concede 10 less and you're down to 27 less with city (25/23 for the other two). Thats probably nets us another 6-9 pts.

I mean if we think about it we beat the Geordies at home, draw with United away, beat United at home, beat Sheffield at home. Thats 10 more points and we're top of the league.

Fully agree we're boarding a very good team. If we sorted out set pieces and didn't leave the backdoor open we'd be properly in the title mix.

Good result, poor game pretty much sums it up. Sets it up nicely for the second leg next week. Great stadium, cracking atmosphere…..with a shit ref! Some things never change!

When i did look at my phone Emi was being the world number 1 and Diaby was under hitting a cross which seemed to be a theme.

Turd of a game but set up nicely for the return leg, in Emery we trust he has not got much wrong this season.

I'd agree to an extent, but also qualify this by pointing out most of these players are not Unai's. So I'd say we are not doing too badly.
Yes, we are playing Unai ball with players he might not even want, Look at his first signing, not one of us thought we needed a new left-back but he did, he also brought in a Left CB, to play where Mings plays and a Striker/winger to compete with Bailey. He has his vision of what he wants from a player and with little tweaks we've become a top 4 side competing in Europe. We've had to bring in Zaniolo and Lenglet to cover the injuries to Mings and Buendia and I'm not complaining we've missed those two as this is our best season for many years.

Absolutely buzzing for next week at VP after this cracking result away at Ajax.

Great stuff again from Unai. Giving game time to all and keeping some fresher.

European nights under the lights. It’s what it’s about.

Imagine being told after that Fulham disaster under Gerrard that in just under 18 months we'd be in the last 16 of a European competition with a home game against Ajax coming up. Then being told that the squad isn't really that different to the shambles that had just been embarrassed by Fulham.

I’d completely forgotten that the away goal rule doesn’t exist anymore in Europe.

Even better result than I thought then. No jeopardy involved in that aspect next week which further vindicates the tactics, approach and selection by Unai.

Unai knows his European onions doesn’t he . Obvious before last night given his record !.,