Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 204 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Grinding out a draw at one of the great European stadiums is what European football is all about. Great application if not great quality from the lads and what a fixture for Tim to get a start in. Amazing vote of confidence from Emery there and exactly what he needed.

Ajax had a plan to stop us and executed it as well as they could - left us reliant on our passing being fast and crisp and unfortunately it just wasn't, but we left without conceding and they only had one shot on target.

All in our favour for the 2nd leg.

I think should we see off Ajax, Fenerbache will be next up in the Uefa rigging system to make sure a smaller league wins this cup. A genuine hell hole of a place to have to play
😆

You may be on to something there, them or maybe Fiorentina. TBF I'd rather take those teams on over two legs than a straight final.

Be nice if we drew FC Serviettes . We could wipe the floor with them .
Explore desolated GIFs

Grinding out a draw at one of the great European stadiums is what European football is all about. Great application if not great quality from the lads and what a fixture for Tim to get a start in. Amazing vote of confidence from Emery there and exactly what he needed.

Ajax had a plan to stop us and executed it as well as they could - left us reliant on our passing being fast and crisp and unfortunately it just wasn't, but we left without conceding and they only had one shot on target.

All in our favour for the 2nd leg.

Ajax did a lap of honour after getting a draw off the mighty Aston Villa.

Although Ajax have a great European stadium, I think the pendulum of football has swung so firmly in the PL's favour that teams like Ajax feel outgunned by mid-table PL sides.

Although Ajax have a great European stadium, I think the pendulum of football has swung so firmly in the PL's favour that teams like Ajax feel outgunned by mid-table PL sides.

It certainly has. We played Ajax in 2009 and even then they were getting continually raided for players. The team that played us had Huntelaar, Suarez, Vermaalen and Vertonghen in the line up. Within 18 months or less all were snapped up by Premier league sides or in Huntalaars case Real Madrid.

Ajax, or any other Dutch club for that matter, will never win the champions league again. Nor will any eastern European team, any Portuguese team, Greek, Belgian, Scandinavian. Nor will any German side that isn't Bayern, any French side that isn't PSG, any Spanish one that isn't Real Madrid or Barca.

Football at the top level has been narrowed to the point where you basically know who will be in the last 8 of the champions league every year. There's occasionally an outlier like Monaco a few years ago, Ajax not long ago etc but they will be brutally stripped of their players before long.

Every decision that's made seems to be for the benefit of the clubs already at the top. It's a closed party.

It certainly has. We played Ajax in 2009 and even then they were getting continually raided for players. The team that played us had Huntelaar, Suarez, Vermaalen and Vertonghen in the line up. Within 18 months or less all were snapped up by Premier league sides or in Huntalaars case Real Madrid.

Ajax, or any other Dutch club for that matter, will never win the champions league again. Nor will any eastern European team, any Portuguese team, Greek, Belgian, Scandinavian. Nor will any German side that isn't Bayern, any French side that isn't PSG, any Spanish one that isn't Real Madrid or Barca.

Football at the top level has been narrowed to the point where you basically know who will be in the last 8 of the champions league every year. There's occasionally an outlier like Monaco a few years ago, Ajax not long ago etc but they will be brutally stripped of their players before long.

Every decision that's made seems to be for the benefit of the clubs already at the top. It's a closed party.
Don't forget Unai's Villareal got the semi-final

hardly surprising given the money slushing through the Premier League compared to the Eredivisie, plus they are 5th in that mediocre league.

I'm not against the super league, just let these 12 clubs go off and have their closed shop. I'd happily see us, Ajax and Bayern competing for the traditional biggest trophy in Europe. Not some European incarnate of the SuperBowl.

I get the issue, United and Madrid etc. bring the eyes but when the super league fails they'll come crawling back and UEFA would have more control of them.

Thats the problem with them as a Governing body, they're lining their own pockets and keeping the integrity of the game. Like those chunts at FIFA, there is no actual argument that says you must make as much money as possible. You're not a corporation, you don't answer to shareholders in fact we should be the shareholders but instead they've bastardized the system. The clubs are lobbyists and we're the everyday people being crushed. Just like every other corrupt Government.

sorry that ended up becoming a rant.

I'm not against the super league, just let these 12 clubs go off and have their closed shop. I'd happily see us, Ajax and Bayern competing for the traditional biggest trophy in Europe. Not some European incarnate of the SuperBowl.

I get the issue, United and Madrid etc. bring the eyes but when the super league fails they'll come crawling back and UEFA would have more control of them.

Thats the problem with them as a Governing body, they're lining their own pockets and keeping the integrity of the game. Like those chunts at FIFA, there is no actual argument that says you must make as much money as possible. You're not a corporation, you don't answer to shareholders in fact we should be the shareholders but instead they've bastardized the system. The clubs are lobbyists and we're the everyday people being crushed. Just like every other corrupt Government.

sorry that ended up becoming a rant.
Not sure it would be a failure. If you look at the social media presence of one of the big 6, it is more than the rest of the rest of the PL put together. That’s unfortunately power and money and the owners don’t care that they have to play 5 games in the US, 5 in Saudi Arabia etc as long as the world wide fan base keep paying the money.

It’s naive to think the ESL would have zero effect on National leagues either.