Euro 2020 thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

Euro 2020 thread

gareth had to take rice and Phillips off both were on yellow cards and treading a fine line we didn’t need to push for any more goals just protect what we had,I thought he should have brought H off as well but he probs thought he needed the game time more it’s hard to criticise a manager when his side has just won 4-0 how can you say he didn’t get it spot on. I’ll hold my hand up and say I didn’t think rice and Phillips were necessary I thought it made us too defensive but with the right players up top it works and no goals conceded is a big statement going into the semi finals
I agree with that I thought Rice and Philips was way too defensive but it has worked. I just don’t get why the media and pundits cream themselves about Mount when Grealish is a level above. The one quality team we played Grealish was the game changer. I hope he gets another opportunity.

I agree with that I thought Rice and Philips was way too defensive but it has worked. I just don’t get why the media and pundits cream themselves about Mount when Grealish is a level above. The one quality team we played Grealish was the game changer. I hope he gets another opportunity.
Grealish would be in my team also BFL but the manager's obviously doing summat right and yes we're not the most entertaining team in the comp but i'll be delighted if we play the same way in the semi&final if we win the tournamnet.I want to see ENGLAND win summat 1966 was a long time ago.UTB

Grealish would be in my team also BFL but the manager's obviously doing summat right and yes we're not the most entertaining team in the comp but i'll be delighted if we play the same way in the semi&final if we win the tournamnet.I want to see ENGLAND win summat 1966 was a long time ago.UTB
I agree but we have to play Denmark and Spain/Italy a significant step up in quality. We have a solid defence but we need game changing players up front like we did for the send half of Germany.

I don’t disagree with grealish he takes players on creates space for others and generally makes things happen

I may be missing off here for a couple of days cos i've a appointment at Hospital on 7th July for a Coronary Angiogram and depending on the results and or my condition after said Angiogram i may have to stay in Hospital over night,hopefully not and i can watch Gareth's Boys hopefully make it to the final.I tip Italy to win a tight game tonight and England to win also.Enjoy folks, COME ON ENGLAND.UTB

I may be missing off here for a couple of days cos i've a appointment at Hospital on 7th July for a Coronary Angiogram and depending on the results and or my condition after said Angiogram i may have to stay in Hospital over night,hopefully not and i can watch Gareth's Boys hopefully make it to the final.I tip Italy to win a tight game tonight and England to win also.Enjoy folks, COME ON ENGLAND.UTB
Fingers crossed for you pal but if you do finish up in there make sure you get a tv to yerself if you finish up with a ward one you might have to suffer eastenders instead

What a day to pick. Hope it all goes okay.

Not lived up to the start. Spain have had too much control. Italy missing Spinazzola. Still time left. Still back Italy. Might be an extra time job.

Hope all goes well Rod
UTB

A much better second half, especially after Italy scored. I think they made a mistake in bringing Berardi on for Immobile after the goal though. I haven't seen much of him before, but he's like Chris Porter only less of a threat (lump on him to score the winner now I've said that...)

My prediction for extra time: someone will roll around holding their face after a minor foul. No idea who will win though :shrug:

What brilliance and composure that penalty was from Jorginho. And what a few months he's had.

Italy minus Spinazzola were a different team, and that on top of doing 120+ minutes bodes very well for England if they get through.

Good old young safe Bukayo.

He's ever so coachable and switched on defensively you know.

No CF on the bench. In a game that could well go 120 minutes.