EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 609 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

There is another serious problem to a U.S of Europe the cost of living varies massively in different parts of Europe.
We have fundamentally different legal and tax systems for starters, which is why the EU is the perfect model for a group of disparate nations to form a single market. But the UK has opted out of that because it favours sovereignty over wealth especially now because there is no longer any guarantee where and when that wealth will be generated.

I said about three hundred posts ago that there will be a bare bones agreement before the end of the transition and then the U.K. will be in a state of perpetual negotiations with the Eu.

Both sides are so far away from a comprehensive deal.

The Eu still think that they are dictating the terms but that penny has started to drop.
They say “you can’t have this “
We say “ok”
They say “you can’t have that “
We say “we didn’t want it anyway “

They say “ existing access to fishing, full control by the ECJ and full compliance with future legislation, or no deal “

We say “ ok, we can live with that “

So, then lots of mini deals will be agreed.

The EU exporting countries need access to our greedy consumer market.
Most EU countries rely on London to raise finance.

No agreements will be bad for all parties.

Interesting that the Remainer zealots have overlooked the Nissan story.
WK told us, for a fact that they would pull out of the U.K.
Remember WK, because we do.
Instead, they are likely to move some of the Renault suvs to production in Sunderland.

There are facts, alternative facts and WK facts 😂

Interesting that WK brings up tax in the EU nations.

My hotelier friend in Malta told me they see this relief plan as a potential Trojan horse because, behind the scenes, some countries are saying this is the perfect opportunity for tax harmonisation.
As you know, Malta gets some considerable tax breaks because of it’s proximity and size.

He is a co-owner of the biggest four star hotel in Bugibba and quite likes things as they are, nudge nudge 😉

I said about three hundred posts ago that there will be a bare bones agreement before the end of the transition and then the U.K. will be in a state of perpetual negotiations with the Eu.
The bare bones of an agreement mean fuck all. The agreement then has to be filled with all the commodities and services traded, the various quotas that will apply and the tariffs if any that might apply or might apply if quotas are exceeded and so on and that's just for starters.

Interesting that WK brings up tax in the EU nations.

My hotelier friend in Malta told me they see this relief plan as a potential Trojan horse because, behind the scenes, some countries are saying this is the perfect opportunity for tax harmonisation.
As you know, Malta gets some considerable tax breaks because of it’s proximity and size.

He is a co-owner of the biggest four star hotel in Bugibba and quite likes things as they are, nudge nudge 😉
I have worked extensively with the German, French, Italian, Belgian and UK tax systems and all are fundamentally different. I also have a working knowledge of the tax regimes in Luxembourg, ROI and Greece. Harmonisation would be an absolute nightmare. Some years ago, I did a paper for the Institute of Taxation on the possible harmonisation of the respective EU nations' treatment of foreign tax credits - one relatively small aspect of the taxation of international trade and it was an absolute nightmare despite the OECD model on such matters.

Interesting that the Remainer zealots have overlooked the Nissan story.
WK told us, for a fact that they would pull out of the U.K.
Remember WK, because we do.
Instead, they are likely to move some of the Renault suvs to production in Sunderland.
That depends on the outcome of negotiations with the EU, ie it is not cast in stone.

I am worried that if someone spends all their time looking at the dark side, maybe they need some help.

Samaritans..........+44 116 123

But we need them far more than they need us. 50% or more of our imports/exports were with EU countries but not one EU state exceeded 10% of their business with us. We need an extension in order to negotiate an acceptable treaty; the UK is/will be on its knees financially very soon and not in a strong bargaining position

You said that 12000 posts ago and it is no more relevant now. You choose to split things up and use percentages, but combined and gross actual monetary figures say very different. So does the balance of trade at present.

The EU have been actively chasing free trade deals with countries that would never agree to be bound by any of their rules or accept the ECJ as the final arbitration body, but Headmaster Barnier says it "is not realistic" for us to just ask for exactly the same.

That is the sort of attitude that will punish both sides.

Interesting piece on Politico Eu with Barnier stating that the U.K. don’t get it.
We cannot expect the exact same benefits if we are no longer members.
I thought it was them looking for the status quo.
The U.K. are clearly not looking for the same benefits, just a trade agreement, similar to other third countries.
I think it’s them that don’t get it.

Interesting piece on Politico Eu with Barnier stating that the U.K. don’t get it.
We cannot expect the exact same benefits if we are no longer members.
I thought it was them looking for the status quo.
The U.K. are clearly not looking for the same benefits, just a trade agreement, similar to other third countries.
I think it’s them that don’t get it.

I think its simply trade negotiations. Never take notice of anything during negotiating stances.
I notice brexiteers are still fighting a battle when currently there is nobody to fight with lol. We have no idea what is in the UKs stance as the uk mandated that nothing must be mentioned by either side during talks.

Time to argue again once the outline terms are released.

I think its simply trade negotiations. Never take notice of anything during negotiating stances.
I notice brexiteers are still fighting a battle when currently there is nobody to fight with lol. We have no idea what is in the UKs stance as the uk mandated that nothing must be mentioned by either side during talks.

Time to argue again once the outline terms are released.
I’d normally agree Jerry except that in this case, the U.K. have actually published their negotiable mandate.
Both sides have and are far apart.
The Eu wants all fishing rights to remain as is, jurastiction of ECJ as mediator in any future disputes and future compliance of any new legislation. (level playing field)
For our part, fishing negotiated annually (precedent Norway) a Canada like trade agreement ( precedent Canada)

In my opinion, we are not asking for much.

I’d normally agree Jerry except that in this case, the U.K. have actually published their negotiable mandate.
Both sides have and are far apart.
The Eu wants all fishing rights to remain as is, jurastiction of ECJ as mediator in any future disputes and future compliance of any new legislation. (level playing field)
For our part, fishing negotiated annually (precedent Norway) a Canada like trade agreement ( precedent Canada)

In my opinion, we are not asking for much.

I believe that as you say the initial framework was published but the detailed to and fro will not be seen. Evidently the eu side likes to publish interim discussions but uk said not to.
More pointless tweets, media time and distraction.

Last edited:
Calm down both sides. We have a crack team on our side, competent, informed, on the detail and able to communicate effectively.

TM's team was fine. Problem was that when she sent in her opening batsmen (Davis, Raab, Barclay, et al) to negotiate, she and Ollie Robbins had broken their bats (or ordered them to give the bats away).

Remember that analogy?
The ERG broke their bats. Erzatz Winston then got them to vote through 99% the same deal that he and his rabid anti EU allies had previously blocked. Actually felt a bit sorry for May.

I called out Johnson ages ago. Some of the general public are catching up with me now.

The ERG broke their bats. Erzatz Winston then got them to vote through 99% the same deal that he and his rabid anti EU allies had previously blocked. Actually felt a bit sorry for May.

I called out Johnson ages ago. Some of the general public are catching up with me now.

Erzatz Winston ;)

The EU have been actively chasing free trade deals with countries that would never agree to be bound by any of their rules or accept the ECJ as the final arbitration body, but Headmaster Barnier says it "is not realistic" for us to just ask for exactly the same.
You are not for real are you and surely you can't be that stupid. Under a free trade deal neither the ECJ nor the rules of the Single Market would apply; they refer only to EU membership. I actually don't believe what you have written. But what the UK wants is sovereignty then all the goodies of the free market but neither the EU standards nor ECJ interference. Barnier told Frost to stick it.