England v Kiwis | Page 6 | Vital Football

England v Kiwis

Can't stick up for him anymore me. Dan Lawrence or Harry Brook.
He flatters to deceive like few of them have done over the past couple of years including Pope. I’ll reserve my judgment on him till he’s had a few more decent innings and to be honest Johnny boy needs to up his game with the bat as well. I agree Lawrence or Brook need to play

Everything wrong with English Cricket in five minutes. Needing to dig in, Lees plays a 20/20 shot for a 6, then gets out to a simple ball he cant deal with.

If Stokes goes cheaply, we're done...

Tick tock...

Kiwis take 2 more wickets and it's over BUT if Jonny and the Skipper can keep going it could get very exciting. It's Tea time England need 160 to win off 38 overs. UTB

Last edited:
Lawrence is injured I think.

Next wkt decides whether we shup up shop or not.
I'm not sure that this tail has the ability to shut up shop Leach apart TT but like Rod says if these two stay together it's going to get exciting. Even if one of them stays around I think we'll go close but the ifs are big IFS. Absolutely no room for error. It's a long long time since I enjoyed a test match with so many runs as much.

Johnny now on 50. He needed that.

Jonny gets a magnificent 100.Come on ENGLAND 79 needed to win,whatever happens now this has been a FANTASTIC TEST MATCH. UTB

He flatters to deceive like few of them have done over the past couple of years including Pope. I’ll reserve my judgment on him till he’s had a few more decent innings and to be honest Johnny boy needs to up his game with the bat as well. I agree Lawrence or Brook need to play
Well Johnny boy certainly up his game. What an innings out for 136. I salute you sir!

We need 27 more to win. Surely we can't mess up now

Go Jonny Go.
What an innings 136 off 92.
119 off the last 10 overs- in a Test Match.
I've missed 2 great games here- that must have been an absolute delight to see.