Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal | Page 10 | Vital Football

Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal

Grammar - The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****.

Grammar - The difference between feeling your nuts or feeling you're nuts.

The past, present and future walked into a bar, it was tense.

Knock Knock
Who's there?
To
To who?
No to whom.

Puns and jokes only a true grammar nerd will get. :grinning:

It all seems a little odd with Ellis. He's clearly testing the water with other offers and should he get one remotely decent he'll be off.
Now I know that other clubs who can afford to do so have withdrawn contract offers if not accepted by a certain time. I assume we are keeping it on the table to safeguard money from a tribunal, but should he not fix himself up and come back, I'm not sure this episode will be looked on too fondly by any party

It all seems a little odd with Ellis. He's clearly testing the water with other offers and should he get one remotely decent he'll be off.
Now I know that other clubs who can afford to do so have withdrawn contract offers if not accepted by a certain time. I assume we are keeping it on the table to safeguard money from a tribunal, but should he not fix himself up and come back, I'm not sure this episode will be looked on too fondly by any party
Remember, he left us once before - in 2016 when he left our academy to join Leicester. Leaving the same club twice by the age of 19 would be very unusual. Being ambitious is one thing, but does he really want to be here?

Sounds like he was offered a decent contract in the first instance and because he hummed and ahhed, the deal was then altered because of Covid-19, and he's probably kicking himself for not accepting the first offer. And Appleton does not sound happy with him.

I do not think we should be righteous here

We are fans but they are employees - to them it is just a job. who hasn't taken their time to decide where to work. Grant you not 4 months - however i assume he thought he would have other offers which he may or may not have.

The world has been turned upside down - he is young and presumably has a big decision to make. If the club were not prepared to entertain a sleep on it period they would have said that he has left and that is the end of the matter - they haven't.

i dont think Appleton is angry - that is just his style. He is clinical in nature and language.

If Ellis has genuinely sat on a contract offer for 3-5 months as suggested, he was probably waiting for other offers to compare with. Perhaps there has been less interest than expected, and now obviously that is going to be more restricted? The revised offer is going to be less so perhaps it's a case of security with a contract and potentially a better offer coming in.

I do not think we should be righteous here

We are fans but they are employees - to them it is just a job. who hasn't taken their time to decide where to work. Grant you not 4 months - however i assume he thought he would have other offers which he may or may not have.

The world has been turned upside down - he is young and presumably has a big decision to make. If the club were not prepared to entertain a sleep on it period they would have said that he has left and that is the end of the matter - they haven't.

i dont think Appleton is angry - that is just his style. He is clinical in nature and language.

I feel there was a warning in there.. when he mentioned coming back with the right attitude.

From the bits I’ve heard, it’s cast Chapman in a bit of a negative light - long delay over any answer and not communicating his decision.. but this is only one side of the story, so would be silly to judge.

The lad or his agent will have been trying to get the best deal he could. So far it has not worked out, and in the interim the market has changed. He's probably feeling a bit raw about it.

A bird in the hand, Ellis; time to decide who you are going to knuckle down with.

Only want Ellis back if he is A) cheaper than previously and 2) has the right attitude to come back, knuckle down and get better. Not a league 1 player (yet).

It is a strange time though. Normally we'd be into our pre-season friendlies by now, yet the reality is that the Championship is still playing. He may have received an offer from a club in that division but due to the season still playing out no announcements are being made. It may also be that he's been made a promise but that depends on which league that team will be playing in next time around

It is a strange time though. Normally we'd be into our pre-season friendlies by now, yet the reality is that the Championship is still playing. He may have received an offer from a club in that division but due to the season still playing out no announcements are being made. It may also be that he's been made a promise but that depends on which league that team will be playing in next time around
Very good points there.