Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal | Vital Football

Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal

Potential is there but it was with the likes of Andy Hutchinson...Ollie Ryan....Martin Pembleton.....Phil Watt......I could go on

I'm not sure that the current climate is the best time to be playing Russian Roulette with your career as there will be a lot of players without a deal come September.

Can anyone also just confirm that we would be entitled to a fee as we offered him a contract and have nutured him. Always a bit confusing as in effect as of last Tuesday he's no longer our player

Potential is there but it was with the likes of Andy Hutchinson...Ollie Ryan....Martin Pembleton.....Phil Watt......I could go on

I'm not sure that the current climate is the best time to be playing Russian Roulette with your career as there will be a lot of players without a deal come September.

Can anyone also just confirm that we would be entitled to a fee as we offered him a contract and have nutured him. Always a bit confusing as in effect as of last Tuesday he's no longer our player

Believe we are entitled to compensation due to him being under 24.

You would assume he isn’t about to drive a delivery lorry until CV-19 dies back so he must have a better offer. Good luck to him all the best in your future career. I think West Yorks beckons.

Depends what is meant by Covid revised deal unless an improved January offer counts.

That's my basic understanding as well. It's just a bit odd when in effect we have no further contractual obligation on him but we'll take whatever we can

Agree any money would be great, I have always said apart from one first half friendly against Sheffield Wednesday he is probably a national league player. As his further potential is concerned I don’t feel he has really improved in the last two years, though I wish him well in the future.

In these uncertain times it will be difficult for any player to know where the level of salary is when offered a new contract compared to say six months ago. You would think unless the offer is derisory he must have been offered something better. Danny thought a lot of him, maybe ....

Looking at the news now site apparently Swindon are one of the clubs keen to sign Ellis.

As others have mentioned, if he can get a better deal elsewhere, good luck to him.

How long do you give him to get that potential into something tangible? Personally speaking I'd be disappointed if he was above 4th choice CM next season if he was here.

If MA, widely regarded as one of the best coaches of young players in the country, doesn't fancy pushing the boat out then, well, that probably speaks volumes.

I think one of Ellises problems he doesn't put himself about enough, umlike Joe Morrell, I think Ellis seemed to shy away from 50/50 balls.
He really wanted to be loaned out to a Div 2 Club for 2 seasons after leaving Chesterfield.

I think one of Ellises problems he doesn't put himself about enough, umlike Joe Morrell, I think Ellis seemed to shy away from 50/50 balls.
He really wanted to be loaned out to a Div 2 Club for 2 seasons after leaving Chesterfield.

Thats exactly how I saw him, decent on the ball but lacks a defensive and tackling instinct.

always seemed to be that split second behind in his anticipation.

If we are going to have to run with a leaner squad, I can’t see Ellis being a regular first team starter.