Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal | Page 9 | Vital Football

Ellis Chapman Rejects Deal

Hello, 'ello, 'allo!, punctuation police 'ere, here, hear!. Move along please, nothing to see, sea, c!

I'm not bitter about the Cowleys leaving. I'm grateful for the 3 years they gave us, and they earned the right to move upwards. It's a job, and they have moved on with their careers. I wish them all the best.

I wasn't being critical of your post, but I can address your post directly if you wish.

"I would say the 12 points the Cowley's put on the board were vital in terms of our final finishing position rather than welcome."

Cannot disagree here. It could be said that the early start got us all a bit overexcited, which then made the fall back down to Earth a bit harder to swallow. But it would be foolish to say that points on the board aren't a good thing.

"The season started on August 3rd not the day MA was appointed."

Correct

"Look, I'm not saying MA would of took us down or that the Cowley's would of had us finish a lot higher in the league, we will never know the answer to those questions"

A fair statement. We will never know.

"but having said that I would of been extremely surprised had we finished in the bottom 3 no matter who would of been in charge."

Looking at the state of the clubs that were relegated, it was always going to be a serious underperformance to see us relegated. We had relegation form at times, but I think everyone could see that the glimpses of quality.

Personally I think MA has done a great job with the thankless task he took on. Combined with the excellent guidance from the board, we are in a strong position to survive the post-Covid L1.

So to conclude - I was not indirectly disagreeing with you, I was just being a grammar pedant.

Thanks for replying and please accept my apologies, I should have followed the thread in more detail.
Cant disagree with a lot you've said there and although I have some very slight reservations with MA I hope he can deliver further success to the club whenever we may get started again.

The man the never made a mistake never made anything!
Don't know why we are seeing a rise in people pulling others up on their written word. I really couldn't care less about it. I see it from high up people at work, there are Japanese lads that speak better English than some locals! I just chuckle and get on with it.

I am with you I am hopeless at English and grammar but at least I know it :lol: or as the late great Ronnie Barker put it

Good evening. I am the president of the Loyal Society for the Relief of Suffers from Pismronunciation, for the relief of people who can't say their worms correctly, or who use the wrong worms entirely, so that other people cannot underhand a bird they are spraying. It's just that you open your mouse, and the worms come turbling out in wuck a say that you dick not what you're thugging to be, and it's very distressing.

"I'm always looing it, and it makes one feel umbumftorcacle, especially when one is going about one's diddly tasks. Slopping at the Sloopermarket, for instance. Only last wonk, I approached the chuckout point, and I shooed the ghoul behind the crash desk the contents of my trilly, and she said 'All right, granddad, shout 'em out.' Well, of course, that's fine for the ordinary man in the stoat who has no dribble with his wolds. For someone like myself, it's worse than a kick in the jackstrop.

"Sometimes, you get stuck on one letter, such as wubbleyou. And I said, 'Well, I've got a tin of woup, a woucumber, two packets of wheese and a walliflower'. She tried to make fun of me and said, 'That will be woo pounds, wifty-wee pence.' So I just said 'Wobblers!' and walked out.

"So you see how dickyfelt it is. But help is at hand. A new society has been formed by our mumblers to help each other in times of excream ices. It is balled Pismronouncers Unanimous, and anyone can ball them up on the smellyphone any time of the day or note, twenty-four flowers a spray, seven stays a creek, and they will come 'round and get drunk with you.

"For foreigners, there will be inperpetwitters, who will all speak many sandwiches, such as Swedish, Turkish, Burkish, Jewish, Gibberish and Rubbish. Membranes will be able to attend tight stool, for heaving classes, to learn how to grope with the many complinkities of the daily loaf.

"Which brings me to the drain reason for squeaking to you tonight. The society's first function as a body was a grand garden freight, and we hope for many more bodily functions in the future. The garden plate was held in the grounds of Blennham Paleyass, Woodstick, and the guest of horror was the great American pip singer, Manny Barrellow. The fete was opened by the bleeder of the opposition, Mister Dale Pinnock ... Pillock, who gave us a few well-frozen worms in praise of the society's jerk. He said that 'In the creeks and stunts that lie ahead, we must do out nut roast to ensure that it sucks weeds.' "And everyone visited the various stores and abrusements, the rudeabouts, thing boats and the dodgers, and of course, all the old favorites such as Srty your Length, guessing the weight of the cook and tinning the pale on the wonky. The occasion was great fun, and I think it can safely be said that all the men present and thoroughly good women were had all the time.

"So, please join out society. Write to me, Doctor Small Pith, The Spanner, Poke Moses, and I will send you some brieflets to browse through and a brass badge to wear in your loophole.

Classic!
That’s easy for you to say!

Don't apologise, just don't do it, there's no real need, this is a message board not an English lesson

But James if more intelligent people than you don’t point these things out how on earth are you ever going to learn. The advice was freely given, you really should be more grateful, take the advice on board and incorporate it into your next post please.

There is a time and a place for everything.
Their is a time and a place for everything.
They're is a time and a place for everything.
English is a tough language to spell.

All these people using their intelligence to correct other people and their grammar take a look at this 2006 sci-fi comedy film "Idiocracy". It may have been tongue in cheek but trust me it's exactly where the world is going and the events of the last few months have only reinforced that! :lol:

Accept the inevitable and go with the flow I say. Oh hang on:unsure: most people can't do that now because they are offended by absolutely anything and everything :lol:

But James if more intelligent people than you don’t point these things out how on earth are you ever going to learn. The advice was freely given, you really should be more grateful, take the advice on board and incorporate it into your next post please.

My grammar wasn't being corrected, but I'm sure you can scan all my posts and correct them all if that's how you get your jollies.

I think its about time this thread was moved to "Off Terrace & Off Topic ", or to a brand new section completely, perhaps it could be headed the "Dionysios Thrax" thread.

All these people using their intelligence to correct other people and their grammar take a look at this 2006 sci-fi comedy film "Idiocracy". It may have been tongue in cheek but trust me it's exactly where the world is going and the events of the last few months have only reinforced that! :lol:

Accept the inevitable and go with the flow I say. Oh hang on:unsure: most people can't do that now because they are offended by absolutely anything and everything :lol:
Kanye running for president. I'm sure there would be plenty vote for him as well.

It matters not unless you are John.

1) DEAR JOHN PUNCTUATION
The Dear John punctuation example is a very commonly used story about a man who received a beautiful letter from his loved one. In the letter, his girlfriend spelled out, in no uncertain terms, how much she loved and adored John and it was clear to anyone reading her words that she couldn’t live without him. Or could she?
Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy–will you let me be yours?
Jane​
What happens to the letter if there were some punctuation mistakes and it was punctuated in an entirely different fashion?
Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Jane​
Which letter do you want from a loved one...