Electric Scooters | Page 3 | Vital Football

Electric Scooters

Saw a bloke on a council issue scooter yesterday riding it on the road with mobile phone in one hand, head down reading it !!

Two teenagers killed on one electric bike in Cardiff. The laws are a bit sketchy but it seems a 14 year old can ride one at up to 15 mph with peddles. Above that it becomes a motor vehicle and is subject to all the usual laws.
The two lads were being pursued by a police van and video footage suggests the speed was above 15 mph with a pillion. The bike looked pretty chunky too.
This was bound to happen.

The police are powerless to stop them.

Children are using them on the public walkways & main roads without a licence or permit, without lights & without a helmet. I reported a number using a public road after dark & was asked "What do you expect us to do?" "Why your job sir" i replied.

It's bad enough driving on our roads at the best of times without these daft little b*****s racing about after dark. Hit them & your policy covers them. What kind of world are we living in?

There's a heap of problems with these scooters in Australia. Injuries and deaths seem to be happening very week. Should they be licenced to allow more control.

We get the fcuking young twats racing up n down the Precinct in the EVille, any Ole Bill about? your avin a laff!

There has been 4 or 5 incidents, just in the last 2 weeks, involving these Scooter things, always older/pensioner peops getting hurt.

A couple of days ago a Scaffolder, stuck his arm out, nipper Scooterist crash into one of the tree's, the laughing was so loud, lol!
Ole Bill arrived in seconds, no witnesses, funny that eh! as far as we know nout more has come of it.

Am in agreement about scrapping n crushing the bloody things.

We get the fcuking young twats racing up n down the Precinct in the EVille, any Ole Bill about? your avin a laff!

There has been 4 or 5 incidents, just in the last 2 weeks, involving these Scooter things, always older/pensioner peops getting hurt.

A couple of days ago a Scaffolder, stuck his arm out, nipper Scooterist crash into one of the tree's, the laughing was so loud, lol!
Ole Bill arrived in seconds, no witnesses, funny that eh! as far as we know nout more has come of it.

Am in agreement about scrapping n crushing the bloody things.

Only the illegal use ones of course.

The e bike the two boys got killed on was making a hell of a noise in the video. That suggests serious battery power. The top e bikes can do 70 mph even 80. The brakes are not motorcycle level. I'm not suggesting the boys had a top performing bike but it was shifting and sounded powerful .

Bunch of old farts. Everyone should be pushing for more and more e scooters and bikes on the road.

Its the future and it will only get more and more accessable. There are too many cars being used for stupid, wasteful journies.

My 16yr old daughter is starting college soon and i am trying to persuade her to get a escooter. I will happily pay for it. Charge it up, use it for an entire week and its clean efficient transport. The alternative is carbon burning journies.

Of course you get the scallies being silly on them but so what. We need to make changes to the way we look at modern transport. Go to Madrid and tell me E scooters dont work.

How come it is never really mentioned the damage that batteries are doing to our environment.

Batteries =
Um! the mining for that crap thats in them and the affect on the peoples doing the mining and countries where the crap is.
Replacement costs.
No recycling of them.
The rather large dumps because of no recycling.

If we are going to run out of Electric, where's it all coming from? for recharging all these bloody leccy scooters, cars blah blah.
What about the peops who live in tall storey blocks of flats, oh! thats it long charging leads lol!

How come it is never really mentioned the damage that batteries are doing to our environment.

Batteries =
Um! the mining for that crap thats in them and the affect on the peoples doing the mining and countries where the crap is.
Replacement costs.
No recycling of them.
The rather large dumps because of no recycling.

If we are going to run out of Electric, where's it all coming from? for recharging all these bloody leccy scooters, cars blah blah.
What about the peops who live in tall storey blocks of flats, oh! thats it long charging leads lol!

Pomp all they need to do is put a couple of wind turbines on the tops of the tower blocks as they will easily catch any wind and or solar panels as they are nearer to the sun....ha ha ...but they will still need long leads wont they

If kids continue to ride around on scooters on public roads & without safety helmets then i'm very sorry, they deserve everything that's coming to them. It's totally moronic behaviour that shows just how far this country has fallen.

The two police officers who seemed to be chasing the electric bike with two boys at speed in Wales have been issued gross misconduct notices. Maybe they should have just turned a blind eye instead of trying to uphold the law. ?