Electric Scooters | Vital Football

Electric Scooters

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
In London today they were everywhere. Electric powered stand on scooters. Being used on the road, no helmets, no number plates. Not stopping at red lights . Darting in and out of traffic, getting in my way. The expensive ones can do around 30 mph and have a range of around 30 miles. 3 hours charging. Also electric skate boards being used on the roads WTF ?

I think we should start a Dear Nick thread.

Although on this particular issue I completely agree.

A 30 year old woman on an e scooter died today after a crash with a Lorry in Battersea. It happened on a roundabout. I just read the news, it happened this morning, before I started this thread. From what I saw they are vulnerable and not particularly visible to motorists when darting in and out of traffic.

It's weird , I get to London quite often but not noticed these contraptions before. I saw them and thought...someone's going to get killed. You couldn't make it up. Whoever thought the things were a good idea to put on the roads ?

I had to throw it out there because I couldn't believe it.

It's weird , I get to London quite often but not noticed these contraptions before. I saw them and thought...someone's going to get killed. You couldn't make it up. Whoever thought the things were a good idea to put on the roads ?

I had to throw it out there because I couldn't believe it.

What's the difference between electric cars and electric scooters? Granted the scooters and their drivers should be licenced and have some sort of traffic rules proficiency test.

The cars are more visible and have a degree of protection . These things are so exposed. You stand on them at 20 mph, some will do more.

Just found out they are illegal. Only to be used on private land. A 14 year old boy is fighting for his life after colliding with a bus stop on a pavement. Any scooters seen being used on the road or pavement are currently subject to a £ 300 fine.

As they are illegal , if I hit one that darts in front of me , how do I stand legally ?

The UK
Hoverboards and Segways

After a test case in 2011, a Barnsley man was fined £75 for riding his Segway on the pavement. In 2015 a 15 year old school boy was killed while riding a hoverboard on a public road after being hit by a bus. This led to the ban on most self balancing vehicles in public spaces. Now they are confined to use on private land. How much this is enforced is another question. Just a short drive through most suburbs and you’ll see some kids playing on hoverboards doing little harm.
Electric bikes

Electric-bike.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another death announced today , this time an electric skateboard a 38 year old man . This when pro e scooter people are calling for their legality on roads. The riders are too exposed and inconspicuous especially to larger vehicles. Even with helmets, hi viz, lights etc . On pavements the pedestrians are in danger, on the roads both the riders and motorists are.

My daughter has one. It's handy to nip up The shop or round to the cricket club for a few light ales.

My daughter has one. It's handy to nip up The shop or round to the cricket club for a few light ales.

I use my son's to get to back and forth from the office to the exclusive Audi parking lot I use when at the office.

I use my son's to get to back and forth from the office to the exclusive Audi parking lot I use when at the office.
You mean Audi don’t provide a courtesy scooter ? Audi are going down hill in my opinion . Mind you , if you were going down hill you wouldn’t need an electric scooter , except when you were going back , up the hill. Why don’t you get the company to move the exclusive Audi at park closer. Don’t they know who you are ?

Are scooters or mobility buggies subject to drink “ driving “ regs? . There is a chap gets into our local , regularly gets shitfaced and goes home on his madgemobile . He can hardly talk sometimes . There have been times the landlady takes his keys off him and drives him home herself . Then she has the added aggravation of having to go back and get him so he can drive home in the morning .
Lovely bloke . Shame he is a spammer ha ha