Electric Scooters | Page 2 | Vital Football

Electric Scooters

You mean Audi don’t provide a courtesy scooter ? Audi are going down hill in my opinion . Mind you , if you were going down hill you wouldn’t need an electric scooter , except when you were going back , up the hill. Why don’t you get the company to move the exclusive Audi at park closer. Don’t they know who you are ?

I think 80 means there are spaces allocated to car makes such as Bentley, BMW, Merc, with Audi being the least prestigious for lesser employees !!

My daughter has one. It's handy to nip up The shop or round to the cricket club for a few light ales.
Love the phrase “ a few light ales “ . I used to say that all the time when I lived in Walthamstow forty odd years ago. “ Just popping out for a few light ales darling , see you next week” ha ha

I think 80 means there are spaces allocated to car makes such as Bentley, BMW, Merc, with Audi being the least prestigious for lesser employees !!
Surely he doesn’t work for a such a business that puts Audi s down the pecking order. When he said he was popping out for the Rolls I thought he meant the car. Not his lunch!
Enlighten us 80

80 is currently doing his best to drown himself and his family.

He may or may not answer.

I'm back. And it was a successful tour of the Trent Severn from Young's point to Fenelon Falls where I ended up in Murphy's Bar, a rather legendary summer spot I'd never been to. My friend and I sat at the bar and low and behold I look to my left and there on the wall was the fighting cock. Our wives were shopping. A couple of hours later the owner and I, unbeknownst to us at the time, had correctly predicted the window. Absolute genius on our part.

Reports today of a 16 year old being killed on an e scooter in Bromley. Hit and run. Driver did not stop. Someone else did though to pinch the scooter and chuck it into their car and feck off. Nice neighbourhood obviously.
You need to be 17 to ride an e scooter and it has to be hired from the council, not private owned. You need at least a provisional license.

Waiting in my van outside the pet shop while the missus was buying wild bird food.

One private scooter, 2 young school boys in uniform on one scooter ( two up ) riding on the pavement very fast.
How many laws are they breaking ?
Then a minute or so later, the same thing again, two up but this time on the road and even faster !! No helmets.

510 injuries reported involving e scooters last year in London alone. That's just those reported. 9 deaths across the UK. Over 3,500 illegal private scooters seized by police in London alone.

In the news today a lady pensioner had her 14 year old dog run over and killed by an electric scooter on the pavement. The youth involved said she shouldn't be walking her dog on the pavement !!

So last week, I drove past a guy who works in the same building as me at work, just as I left my house. I didn't know him. I was on my way to the office which is 3.5 miles away. When I got there, he was already there just about to walk into the door. I bet you can guess what he was "driving".

Got me thinking that the mountain bike should come out instead of the 3L Diesel and I should stop bothering with those bypasses.

So last week, I drove past a guy who works in the same building as me at work, just as I left my house. I didn't know him. I was on my way to the office which is 3.5 miles away. When I got there, he was already there just about to walk into the door. I bet you can guess what he was "driving".

Got me thinking that the mountain bike should come out instead of the 3L Diesel and I should stop bothering with those bypasses.

I am looking at e-bikes right now. Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0, Turbo Vado SL or a Turbo Tero.

ebikes are the future. Much better control of them than on these electric scooters.
Still frustrates me no end how many cities have electric scooters set ups where they can be dumped anywhere. There's no reason why they shouldn't have to follow the same principles as bicycles for parking

My main impression of electric scooters is they should never come near pedestrians, so for me they should be banned from pedestrian areas. Great form of transport but where should they be used? On the road? Not really. In the bicycle lane? Yes probably the only place for them. To me cyclists are getting too much space. Cars are vital to people. Ok give cyclists space but keeping a meter and a half from cyclists is ridiculous. A metre should be enough and make cyclists more responsible for their actions.

I stepped out of a shop in the shopping precinct and a young guy on a scooter shot past me quite closely, he almost hit a lady not far from me too. Had I come out of the shop at a regular pace he would have had a horrible pain. If either of us could have caught him, he would have got some ‘scooting advice’. I’m all in favour of all these new travel devices, especially for old people who need to get out and about but we need a decent policy that both protects drivers/riders and the pedestrians. Some decent penalties should be given to maniacs who terrorise people with them, especially young people with kids and old people. Battery vehicles are great but we need proper rules and penalties for those who flaunt them.

Last edited:
My main impression of electric scooters is they should never come near pedestrians, so for me they should be banned from pedestrian areas. Great form of transport but where should they be used? On the road? Not really. In the bicycle lane? Yes probably the only place for them. To me cyclists are getting too much space. Cars are vital to people. Ok give cyclists space but keeping a meter and a half from cyclists is ridiculous. A metre should be enough and make cyclists more responsible for their actions.

I stepped out of a shop in the shopping precinct and a young guy on a scooter shot past me quite closely, he almost hit a lady not far from me too. Had I come out of the shop at a regular pace he would have had a horrible pain. If either of us could have caught him, he would have got some ‘scooting advice’. I’m all in favour of all these new travel devices, especially for old people who need to get out and about but we need a decent policy that both protects drivers/riders and the pedestrians. Some decent penalties should be given to maniacs who terrorise people with them, especially young people with kids and old people. Battery vehicles are great but we need proper rules and penalties for those who flaunt them.
The problem we have is the mindless folk that use them. They may be in the minority here but whenever anything good comes to light there will always be people around to ruin it for everyone.