EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 47 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

Anybody any idea what time this meeting is?.
The EFL site gives no mention of it from what I can see!

I think I read the conference call between the clubs was this morning, but how long it may take to get a decision may be a rather different matter. That is until Peterborough and Tranny dont get the right decision they both wanted.

On our site :-

Following a vote on each by all 71 Clubs, it was overwhelmingly agreed (by a majority of all Clubs and a majority in the Championship) to adopt the EFL Board’s proposal into EFL Regulations, which now means the following applies in the event a division curtails its 2019/20 season or it is ended by any other means.

1. Final divisional placings will be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
  2. Promotion and relegation should be retained.
  3. Play-Offs will be played in all circumstances but will not be extended (beyond four teams).

So they've voted to bring in the above IF the season doesn't finish.

Vote to take place to curtail or continue now

So assuming that it still needs just a 51% vote to pass the motion to curtail you'd expect really only Tranmere, Posh, Ipswich, Sunderland ( possibly Doncaster but they've never really expressed a view) to want to play it out and the others to vote to finish and then undertake PO's

I am amazed this has taken so long. In the meantime which clubs and owners have impressed during this lack of leadership from the EFL and which clubs will be hugely unpopular next season?

Anybody any idea what time this meeting is?.
The EFL site gives no mention of it from what I can see!
First one was this morning, which was about agreeing the framework.

Second one this afternoon it whether to end the season.

Interesting to note that it doesn't sound like any of the other proposals got support in the Championship either.

Tranmere, Posh and Stevenage will all look within their own divisions but the vast majority of the EFL weren't on board with it.

Can't see anything on the amendment proposed by us.

It was comprehensively rejected by 49 votes to 12. Now obviously there was no self-interest or preference around the impact it might have on any team getting relegated, its just that the majority somehow was of the view that the fixed penalty should increase if less games are played to the extent that if the season ended after one game and PPG was applied Bolton's deduction would have amounted to 528 points.

It was comprehensively rejected by 49 votes to 12. Now obviously there was no self-interest or preference around the impact it might have on any team getting relegated, its just that the majority somehow was of the view that the fixed penalty should increase if less games are played to the extent that if the season ended after one game and PPG was applied Bolton's deduction would have amounted to 528 points.

Nice use of olive, Clive! ;)

How bizarre.

I thought that was the most common sense amendment of the lot, which required the least amount of thinking.

I think that as all proposals relegate Bolton perhaps the other clubs just couldn't be arsed to consider it

BBC report League 2 formally ended.

Swindon Crewe and Plymouth will be in League 1 next season

Cheltenham v Northampton and Exeter v Colchester in the PO's

Stevenage go down but that may depend upon what happens with Macclesfield

Our result has to be released very soon

TBH as pointless (no pun intended) as the Bolton deduction would be I have to say it would be fully deserved in their case.