EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 46 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

I assume that the four league 1 clubs who were tested are those currently in positions 3-6, though if Wycombe were included then we would know that the PPG average is going to be used as they would jump from their current 7th

Tranmere are bleating that this is a stitch up and an indication that it's going via normal PPG. Whilst a straight PPG win might be the case, it makes complete sense for those teams to start their preparations because they're in the PO's whichever way it's done.

Well they're going a few weeks to get the players anything like back to fitness so it makes sense.
Maybe they should relegate who's conceded the most, that would be Bolton, Southend and...……………...

Tranmere!

Daily Telegraph this afternoon 3:10pm:
"
EFL set for key day of voting as talks on how to end seasons come to a head

English Football League clubs will vote on the framework for ending the 2019-20 season on Tuesday, with the bottom two divisions then set to vote on whether to cut the campaign short amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The EFL board has proposed a framework which would keep promotion and relegation, retain the four-team play-offs and decide the final league tables on an unweighted points-per-game basis.
Two alternatives have been proposed; Barnsley's scraps relegation in the event of a division being unable to finish, while Tranmere's involves applying a margin for error to the points-per-game system.
There are then amendments to the EFL framework to be voted on. Lincoln's calls for a change in how points deductions are applied to the points-per-game calculation, Ipswich's involves further consultation with clubs on the play-offs format if the season cannot be completed, and Stevenage's scraps relegation from League Two if the division votes to curtail the campaign.
For any framework or amendment to be adopted it would require both a majority vote among Championship clubs and a majority among the full 71 member clubs.
Most clubs are expected to be represented on the video call by a proxy, and the video conference call is due to start on Tuesday morning.
Leagues One and Two are then expected to vote in the afternoon on whether or not to end the season. If they do vote to cut it short, the final table will be based on whichever framework was approved earlier in the day. A majority of clubs in that division would be required for a motion to carry.
Fourth tier clubs have already indicated an intention to curtail the season, while League One clubs are undecided."

A Club by Club breakdown on their views in L1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52836189

I'm losing the will to live. I mean, seriously, the club have got my season ticket money for next season and I won't claim it back.

But I'm increasingly of the opinion that football is defunct and I'd be better off investing my time and money in more socially useful activities.

I'm losing the will to live. I mean, seriously, the club have got my season ticket money for next season and I won't claim it back.

But I'm increasingly of the opinion that football is defunct and I'd be better off investing my time and money in more socially useful activities.

they should give Tom Pett a new contract and he can get us to the champions league in his PS4. It will be cheaper in the long run.

alternatively we could all have VR headsets - wow I am sat in the linpave, Steve Holmes had just scored one of his trademark penalties.

This is just whetting the appetite - you wait until they start discussing salary caps, transfer windows and next seasons start date!
Let's get this league sorted first. No doubt discussing all the rest will require the EFL to have those meetings somewhere exotic!
Skeggy anyone?

After all the mucking about over the past few months, will it REALLY be settled today !! Tranni or Peterborough will raise some dubious points calculation to make them both Champions, and will require two further meetings at least. EFL are b hopeless.

piss up in brewery syndrome comes to mind.

Bear in mind as time progresses and the falsehood of the furlough position exposes real economic weakness then inevitably football clubs will go into administration and then a further bout of ball juggling will have to be resolved by the EFL.......................PANIC BUTTON.

Might as well turn Sincil Bank into allotments in the interim period whilst all this mess settles, at least we could supply the local food bank with much needed produce.................my runner beans are looking like triffids after all this rain!

ps. We might need SAGE to get involved to get us out of this mess?

Anybody any idea what time this meeting is?.
The EFL site gives no mention of it from what I can see!