EFL Policy of new managers | Page 3 | Vital Football

EFL Policy of new managers

The problem for me is that it smacks of "Tokenism". Compare to my post about disabled candidates at the top of this thread. That looks to address prejudice in society as well - against disabled people in the work-place, where discrimination surely exists - but ensures that the disabled candidate is actually competent to do the job before being interviewed.

I personally think the EFL would do better to instigate programmes working with BAME players/coaches etc. to build a base from which many more could enter management.

Again a, comparison from my direct experience: the Disabled Students Allowances have resulted in far more disabled people accessing higher education and getting the qualifications they need to enter the workplace. Coupled with the Disability Confidence scheme I mention above, you get a "Virtuous cycle". Is it perfect? No. But it's an advance that avoids box-ticking and tokenism.

I agree that it can appear to be tokenism at a glance, it will need to be bought into and I guess we'll have to see if that happens. I also agree that other things can and should be done....this rule doesn't prevent that. It is probably the easiest thing they could have done but it is a slight step in the right direction.

I agree that it can appear to be tokenism at a glance, it will need to be bought into and I guess we'll have to see if that happens. I also agree that other things can and should be done....this rule doesn't prevent that. It is probably the easiest thing they could have done but it is a slight step in the right direction.

If it works, then excellent. And it should at least improve matters, whether its by a little or by a lot, only time will yell.