Dutch FA cancel the season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dutch FA cancel the season

Votes on Monday to determine a path forwards for the PL. You can guarantee whatever gets voted in, the rest are going to be vehmently against. Neutral venues appear to be the key, but some clubs, like Brighton who had a majority of home games to come, are already hard against it. The stakes are too high for any club to accept a situation where survival might be compromised or disadvantaged.

They are considering neutral venues, Old Trafford where Man Utd will play most of their games.
Emirates Stadium where Arsenal will play most of their games.
Tottenham Hotspur stadium where Spurs will play most of their games.
Etihad where Man City will play most of their games.

And just to give West Ham a chance, because it's already not fair on their fans, they will be allowed to play ALL their games at home

I admit if we were in the bottom 3 I'd vote to cancel the season but we aren't so
it appears to be hard luck to those on the lowest points, unless they vote
to stop relegation :shake:

I admit if we were in the bottom 3 I'd vote to cancel the season but we aren't so
it appears to be hard luck to those on the lowest points, unless they vote
to stop relegation :shake:

No relegation from the PL, surely means no promotion from the Championship..?

If there is no relegation, then I'd suggest that all the games from the top 8 down are pointless. All we are deciding is the European Qualifications, isn't it? So give Liverpool the title. Its theirs anyway. Then Man City and Leicester are pretty much cemented in for CL, so the only question is last CL spot and the 2 Europa League Spots. Play a round robin Chelsea, Man Utd, Blades and Wolves. Top one is CL, next 2 Europa League, and the last of the four, cheers for taking part.

All done in half a dozen games and on to next season.

But, due to the threat of using the law, the top 2/3 from the championship could be up and expand the Prem for 1/2 seasons? Hope not but we are in the hands of
the Prem.

There is no good answer to this, and I can understand why the rest of Europe seems to think 'scrap it and pretend it never happened' it is the best alternative.

Last edited:

I want the Prem to allocate a combination of average points to all teams. As we have played more at home I supggest 4 x ave home points then add that to 6 x ave away points. Do similar to all and then we can finish and move on.

Just find a way to complete the FA Cup behind closed doors please.

Sort Europe out on a straight points per gane basis and the rest, apart from the FA Cup, 7 games, is immaterial but you cannot have promotion without relegation. Tough on Leeds( if they don't fall apart) and lucky for Norwich but, as FKB says the rest is immaterial

Play the FA Cup games when it restarts properly

I just don’t understand the rush to try and get this season over so we can start next season,they can do what they want with that play only one team once suspend it completely what ever no one could complain as everyone would be aware of the rules before they start unlike this season which is why this one must be finished and the rest can wait

Its the Sky payment of £750 million that won't be made (or might not be made...) plus all the players out of contract at end of June. There are clubs who might suddenly see their best players disappear. in our case it could be Hendo..?

Sorry, misled you. If a players contract only runs to the end of June, then they can leave and go somewhere else. Some might be okay with an additional month or two, but in Hendo's case his loan finishes Jun 30th and there is no obligation that he will come back. In fact I saw some Twitter chat that he has told the club he's desperate to go back to Man Utd as No1 for next season.

The Sky payment is due at completion of the season. Don't finish and the money is in doubt. As I understand they don't have to pay it.

The news doing the round today is that the governments lockdown exit plan has October down for when they hope to have people allowed back into sports stadiums. If that is the case, then we can hopefully finish this season by the end of July behind closed doors, treat August and September as close season/pre-season and start 2020/21 in front of crowds.

The news doing the round today is that the governments lockdown exit plan has October down for when they hope to have people allowed back into sports stadiums. If that is the case, then we can hopefully finish this season by the end of July behind closed doors, treat August and September as close season/pre-season and start 2020/21 in front of crowds.

I'll be glued to my TV on Sunday....

I'll be glued to my TV on Sunday....

I think the whole country will be FKB and as far as I am concerned we need to get on with it now. The rest of Europe has been pressing ahead for a week or so, and we don't want to lag too far behind.

Germany have sorted the football issue, reopened the majority of their businesses, and are now organising where their citizens can go on holiday to this summer.

Although we joined the Corona party late, there is no reason why we can't catch up.

I think the whole country will be FKB and as far as I am concerned we need to get on with it now. The rest of Europe has been pressing ahead for a week or so, and we don't want to lag too far behind.

Germany have sorted the football issue, reopened the majority of their businesses, and are now organising where their citizens can go on holiday to this summer.

Although we joined the Corona party late, there is no reason why we can't catch up.

I agree, although the widespread idea that we were late to lock down, but we must open up with everyone else is a bit counter-intuitive.

I agree, although the widespread idea that we were late to lock down, but we must open up with everyone else is a bit counter-intuitive.

I know - what I mean is we are already behind Europe in terms of opening up - which is right - however, we can speed up our own process as knowledge/technology is improving all the time