Dutch FA cancel the season | Page 3 | Vital Football

Dutch FA cancel the season

I think the whole country will be FKB and as far as I am concerned we need to get on with it now. The rest of Europe has been pressing ahead for a week or so, and we don't want to lag too far behind.

Germany have sorted the football issue, reopened the majority of their businesses, and are now organising where their citizens can go on holiday to this summer.

Although we joined the Corona party late, there is no reason why we can't catch up.
Like they need a start to get the sun beds ⛱

Like they need a start to get the sun beds ⛱

Do you know what Bully - that is sooo true - it is inbuilt in the Germans to be the first at everything....I have worked in hotels/tourism for years and consistently watched them always be on the bus first, get the best rooms in hotels, round the pool etc etc.

I have come to the conclusion they are more determined to succeed as a race (which is why they do and I respect that) - and the rest of us fall behind in their wake, but at least we have a smile on our faces.

Me and mrs B were once queueing for a bus on crete there was a large German contingent in that area when the bus came we were swamped as they just made a bee line for the door no matter how long they had been there an old German couple at the side of us apologised for their compatriots behaviour and commented queueing isn’t a thing they do well they were really embarrassed by it

You think it's bad around a hotel pool? You should see them on a campsite setting up their motorhomes, then their awnings complete with floor covering, their tent for storing outside furniture, the outside kitchen kit,their bike covers and stands , the lights around the edge of their pitch, their washing lines and their flags, decorative lights and lanterns- then onto the shower block to hog the mirrors, showers, sinks and loos.

They colonise sites with their own Deutsch only alleys of the most expensive, well polished, well equipped motorhomes you could wish to see and Heaven help you if you share a tap or electric supply with them- it's theirs you know and you should feel privileged to be near them!

They are allowed to make as much noise as they want when they get together but give you a hard time if it's you keeping them up- which is always worth the effort:p

You think it's bad around a hotel pool? You should see them on a campsite setting up their motorhomes, then their awnings complete with floor covering, their tent for storing outside furniture, the outside kitchen kit,their bike covers and stands , the lights around the edge of their pitch, their washing lines and their flags, decorative lights and lanterns- then onto the shower block to hog the mirrors, showers, sinks and loos.

They colonise sites with their own Deutsch only alleys of the most expensive, well polished, well equipped motorhomes you could wish to see and Heaven help you if you share a tap or electric supply with them- it's theirs you know and you should feel privileged to be near them!

They are allowed to make as much noise as they want when they get together but give you a hard time if it's you keeping them up- which is always worth the effort:p

To be fair their National Anthem "Deutsche Deutsche Uber Alles" says it all - they continually push their way to the top, its in their DNA I reckon - they just need to be held in check every now and then :tank:

The stories going round yesterday were that the EFL are about to pull the plug on Leagues 1 and 2. They are apparently going to use a modified points per game system, which takes home and away fixtures played into account. The Stoke Sentinel calculated the final league tables for all divisions using that method, which leads to interesting results in the Premier League:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spo...l-premier-league-promotion-relegation-4116483

The stories going round yesterday were that the EFL are about to pull the plug on Leagues 1 and 2. They are apparently going to use a modified points per game system, which takes home and away fixtures played into account. The Stoke Sentinel calculated the final league tables for all divisions using that method, which leads to interesting results in the Premier League:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spo...l-premier-league-promotion-relegation-4116483
Looks good to me then all we ahve to do is play the FA games.

I read today that Karren Brady has stated that clubs will need to disinfect the goalposts, the corner flags and the grass.......:hmmm::LOL:......nice try Karren

I read today that Karren Brady has stated that clubs will need to disinfect the goalposts, the corner flags and the grass.......:hmmm::LOL:......nice try Karren

They're only thinking of the fans you know- like they do at all PL inquiries!

They'd probably be better off disinfecting the club owners and executives.

So, unsurprisingly, League Two clubs have voted to end the season, with PPG being used to determine the final table. Assuming that the EFL and FA agree with the outcome, that will mean that Swindon are champions, while Crewe and Plymouth will also be promoted. The play-offs will apparently still go ahead, at a currently unspecified time (and place.) The clubs have also voted not to relegate Stevenage, which is the thing that is most in doubt, as the FA are against it. However, given what has happened with Bury, they might agree to a compromise where Barrow are invited into the FL, with no one being relegated. I doubt that would please teams like Notts County though!

The League One teams haven't been able to agree an outcome yet, due to how close the top of the table is. The EFL are currently investigating whether they can extend the play-offs to more teams as a compromise solution. No word yet on the Championship, but I assume they are looking at completing the season if possible.

We regularly see swings of 5 or 6 points over the last eight games. I saw the interview with the Chairman of Port Vale who gave up the chance of a play-off spot. She said that she felt it had to be for the great good of the game.

We regularly see swings of 5 or 6 points over the last eight games.

I wonder if that is true? That's not a knock on you or anything, I genuinely don't know how often it happens. We tend to remember the times that it does quite well, but I expect that a detailed look at past seasons would show that, for every time a team goes on a run to get an unexpected triumph or great escape, there are probably loads of times that things work out as expected, which just aren't very memorable.

I saw the interview with the Chairman of Port Vale who gave up the chance of a play-off spot. She said that she felt it had to be for the great good of the game.

She'll probably get a kicking from her own supporters, but after seeing all of the relegation threatened clubs in the Premier League try to get out of playing, it is refreshing to see a voice of reason within football.

I wonder if that is true? That's not a knock on you or anything, I genuinely don't know how often it happens. We tend to remember the times that it does quite well, but I expect that a detailed look at past seasons would show that, for every time a team goes on a run to get an unexpected triumph or great escape, there are probably loads of times that things work out as expected, which just aren't very memorable.

I suppose i'm thinking about some of our relegations and promotions, Sir Rod. with last season we were 2 or 3 points behind Leeds up the finishing straight. Of course we've gone down more than once even though we weren't in the bottom three at kick-off.