Dutch FA cancel the season | Vital Football

Dutch FA cancel the season

FatherKnowsBest

Vital Football Hero
So, the Dutch are the first to move. No football till Sept 1st, league cancelled. A big marker for the rest of the European FA's. The rest will probably follow suit now.

Now all we need is UEFA to go on average points per game to choose the qualifiers and its time for 'Blades in Europe'

If the season gets cancelled they will already have a number of scenarios drawn up to benefit the struggling big clubs.

There isn't a fair way of doing it, so they'll have to be unfair on somebody.

And once again it will be us

Funny thing is, in December I said jokingly that there'd be a war before the end of the season.

I suppose we've got one

There's no money in their leagues.....not like ours, the Bundesliga etc etc.

Anyway, the only scenario that doesn't benefit us is the "previous performances in Europe" scenario................so let's see which one they use :hmmm:

Can't use that one. No relevance. Either current standings or projected based on points so far per game. Either way we're going to some godforsaken outpost near Iran.

They've said it has to be on 'sporting merit' so that, for me, discounts the co-efficient system where past performance is the criteria.
Sporting merit i.e points per game puts us into 6th above Wolves so, regardless of what happens to Man City ,"we're going abroad"!

[QUOTE="FatherKnowsBest, So, the Dutch are the first to move. '[/QUOTE]

I thought the Belgians were first to cancel.

That can’t be right Bully. You can’t have West Ham not in the top six or possibly relegated.
It wouldn’t be fair to their supporters.

That can’t be right Bully. You can’t have West Ham not in the top six or possibly relegated.
It wouldn’t be fair to their supporters.
I was supposed to post below that Southampton were on twice instead of West Ham must have not pressed send anyway I don’t have a problem with that 🤷‍♂️

In my opinion, the only fair way to determine "sporting merit" is to compare performance to expectation. Based on this system, we win the Premier League and West Ham, Villa and Arsenal are relegated...

If we based it on expectations they'd have to relegate Sheffield Wednesday to the Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League

Can't see ours resuming now, especially after Aguero's given his first ever interview in the UK. It could happen, but to many people finding too many problems IMHO. Only worry for me is that apparently they want to still promote teams from the Championship, but not relegate from the Prem, so West Ham escape and Weeds come up - nightmare!

Can't see ours resuming now, especially after Aguero's given his first ever interview in the UK. It could happen, but to many people finding too many problems IMHO. Only worry for me is that apparently they want to still promote teams from the Championship, but not relegate from the Prem, so West Ham escape and Weeds come up - nightmare!
So we end up with a 23 team 44 game season which , we hve been told for years, if far.far too much for the players to sustain, disadvantages us in Europe and leads to injuries and ,overall, poorer standards. Unless they adapt the equally crazy cricket idea, which was due to come in this summer, of not playing all teams twice!

For me you do it on a points per game basis with both promotion AND relegation. You can't have all the benefit (promo) with none of the jeopardy(relegation).

Oh, and why's it all gone quiet on the pigs points deduction front? Are transgressions over the last few years to be forgotten because of this year's events?

So we end up with a 23 team 44 game season which , we hve been told for years, if far.far too much for the players to sustain, disadvantages us in Europe and leads to injuries and ,overall, poorer standards. Unless they adapt the equally crazy cricket idea, which was due to come in this summer, of not playing all teams twice!

For me you do it on a points per game basis with both promotion AND relegation. You can't have all the benefit (promo) with none of the jeopardy(relegation).

Oh, and why's it all gone quiet on the pigs points deduction front? Are transgressions over the last few years to be forgotten because of this year's events?

Scheduled hearing in July, I believe TT, they may hope it's all been forgotten, but not so.