Dogs - tell me your story and which breed would u have/like? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Dogs - tell me your story and which breed would u have/like?

I got attacked by an alsation bit my eyebrow just missing my eye when i was a young kid aswell as savaged by a Staffie i don't blame the dogs it was the owners who let them off and got me on the two different occasions, but to be fair the bloke who owned the Staffie my uncle punched his head in so justice lol

he's a good dog mate, he would only 'have' people if they entered the house without us letting them in , or if we were being hurt. Other than that he is always looking for cuddles etc.

My mom had a staffie mate and she was gutted when she died... she didn't want anything like a staffie for her next dog as it would remind her too much of Ellie. So she had a maltese!

springers are lively btw mate!!

Only dog I've ever been bitten by was a Jack Russell, drew blood, owner laughed, I socked him one, he didn't laugh so much.

Nice little story for you! lol

Is this the equivalent of the female body shape thread for Danvilla2?

Barney you are so lucky to own such a beautiful dog. I absolutely love German Shepherds. If I could have any dog it would be a German Shepherd.

starchild65 - 13/3/2014 13:21

Barney you are so lucky to own such a beautiful dog. I absolutely love German Shepherds. If I could have any dog it would be a German Shepherd.

hes brilliant mate :)

The Fear - 13/3/2014 13:14

Only dog I've ever been bitten by was a Jack Russell, drew blood, owner laughed, I socked him one, he didn't laugh so much.

There you go. If that had been one of the "big terrifying dogs" it would have made the newspaper. I've been bitten by one of the horrible little bastards too!

Ratman - 13/3/2014 13:34

There you go. If that had been one of the "big terrifying dogs" it would have made the newspaper. I've been bitten by one of the horrible little bastards too!

and the owner laughed....

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 13:41

Ratman - 13/3/2014 13:34

and the owner laughed....

That was probably because he saw Fear blubbering and crying. I'd probably laugh too :19:

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 12:22

thefacehead - 13/3/2014 12:14

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 12:12

Ratman - 13/3/2014 12:11

This is obviously just my personal opinion of course but I think Jack Russels are far more naturally aggressive than any big dog that is seen all over the news for tearing kids/people to death ect. I reckon there are more people bitten by Jack Russels per year than Rottweillers, German Shepards and Pit Bulls combined and triple it

bollocks

And there we have it, another well rounded argument simply put -

'bollocks'!

Can't anyone on here back their opinion up when disagreeing with others? Or is that the standard reply atm?

ok here we go... simply put bollocks because as ratters knows me, face to face, over a pint I would say bollocks.

Any dog can bit, Any dog could do damage to any child... agreed? I think all this 'german shepards/jack russels etc are more dangerous and more likely to bite than any other dog is bull shit... its all down to the owners and the dogs up bringing. Our german shepherd is soft as shit... and that's the way he has been bought up. Same as skeggys jack Russell. As I said .,.. its all down to the owners.

Fair enough on the bollocks, just bit fed of people putting just that, seems that more people just like to say - bollocks to someone without saying why they disagree. But you have elaborated, therefore I will forgive you :17:

I don't agree that it is always down to the owner, dogs are mainly described as pack animals and therefore have an animal instinct in them that cannot be taken away, some of the best trained dogs put in the wrong circumstances can be extremely dangerous.

So if you were to say, a dog shouldn't be allowed around small children unattended, and claim that it would be the owners fault for putting the dog in that position, then I would agree it was down to the owner. But if you were to put a dog in a room with small child unattended and said to me, that dog is well trained it will not harm the child, then I would say that's nonsense. If the dog is in an odd mood, regardless of how well it's trained it could suddenly and without warning attack the child!

Obviously good training will improve the behaviour of a dog to a certain point, as equally as mistreating it can make it's behaviour dangerous. I don't know about breed to breed, I think we all make judgmental decisions on that by our own experiences, but as I have said, my wife works for the RSPCA, and she say that small dogs can be just as aggressive as the big one's but obviously their size carries less of a threat.

And here's an interesting article from someone who knows a lot more than I do, yes it's the Mail, but he doesn't write for the Mail, he's a vet -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2563469/Never-EVER-trust-dog-child-As-baby-mauled-death-vet-ALL-dogs-capable-killing.html

We used to have a 57 breed.Black version of Saurat`s dog.
I think i`ve told this before,but back in 89,just bought the house and a girl was taking 4/5 pups to the dog`s home,so the girlfriend asked if we could have one.
When we were young,if i saw my wife,who was just a very good friend at the time,i used to say,hello darling,what`s your name,and she would always say,Peggy,so Peggy became the dog`s name.
She was a complete nutter.Absolutely mad as a box of frogs and ran me ragged all over the parks of Great Barr (the dog,not the wife).
Long story short,she got lumps,i paid £500 for the op,the lumps came back and i was told i had to have her put down.She was about 12 by then.What a horrible experience.You know you`re doing the right thing,but it`s heart breaking all the same

thefacehead - 13/3/2014 14:11

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 12:22

thefacehead - 13/3/2014 12:14

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 12:12

Ratman - 13/3/2014 12:11

This is obviously just my personal opinion of course but I think Jack Russels are far more naturally aggressive than any big dog that is seen all over the news for tearing kids/people to death ect. I reckon there are more people bitten by Jack Russels per year than Rottweillers, German Shepards and Pit Bulls combined and triple it

bollocks

And there we have it, another well rounded argument simply put -

'bollocks'!

Can't anyone on here back their opinion up when disagreeing with others? Or is that the standard reply atm?

ok here we go... simply put bollocks because as ratters knows me, face to face, over a pint I would say bollocks.

Any dog can bit, Any dog could do damage to any child... agreed? I think all this 'german shepards/jack russels etc are more dangerous and more likely to bite than any other dog is bull shit... its all down to the owners and the dogs up bringing. Our german shepherd is soft as shit... and that's the way he has been bought up. Same as skeggys jack Russell. As I said .,.. its all down to the owners.

Fair enough on the bollocks, just bit fed of people putting just that, seems that more people just like to say - bollocks to someone without saying why they disagree. But you have elaborated, therefore I will forgive you :17:

I don't agree that it is always down to the owner, dogs are mainly described as pack animals and therefore have an animal instinct in them that cannot be taken away, some of the best trained dogs put in the wrong circumstances can be extremely dangerous.

So if you were to say, a dog shouldn't be allowed around small children unattended, and claim that it would be the owners fault for putting the dog in that position, then I would agree it was down to the owner. But if you were to put a dog in a room with small child unattended and said to me, that dog is well trained it will not harm the child, then I would say that's nonsense. If the dog is in an odd mood, regardless of how well it's trained it could suddenly and without warning attack the child!

Obviously good training will improve the behaviour of a dog to a certain point, as equally as mistreating it can make it's behaviour dangerous. I don't know about breed to breed, I think we all make judgmental decisions on that by our own experiences, but as I have said, my wife works for the RSPCA, and she say that small dogs can be just as aggressive as the big one's but obviously their size carries less of a threat.

Exactly. Barney said it himself earlier "Springers are lively" Its just the type of dog they are.

Environment of course influences things massively. Bad owners do bring up bad dogs.

The thing that really pisses me off is the bad press that big dogs such as Rottweilers get. This I am sure is down to bad owners and its just not fair on all of the good owners that bring up lovely dogs that would stand less chance of biting than 99% of Jack Russels.

Ratty you keep on contradicting yourself. Isn't down to bad owners rather than bad dogs and my Jack Russell has never bitten anyone

There are two jack Russell's in our extended family, both live on (separate) farms. I simply don't have the time to satisfy this type of dogs hyperactivity.

We have a rough collie (like lassie) who gets two walks a day, about mile in total, and the run of the garden. At weekends he gets decent trips out round parks, woods lakes etc... It's a good source of fresh air and exercise for all the family. It's the friendliest dog I have ever known and a perfect family pet. Although obviously we never leave him alone with the kids.