Dogs - tell me your story and which breed would u have/like? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dogs - tell me your story and which breed would u have/like?

Up until three days after boxing day we had a Staffie 13 years old nearly 14, DUKE was amazing, he wa sso clever and was human 110%, Staffie's are amazing dogs so faithful and are like having a kid, he was spoilt rotten bless him i miss him man :(

Never have another dog but i do want one at the same time if you know what i mean, losing them hurts like losing your own flesh and blood because they am man, this is the only downside for me, but the memories and time is pricelsss

Both my dogs are excellent with the kids. But my kids know that if the dogs are sleeping etc they don't pull them apart, although I'm as sure as I can be neither dog would snap at them.

I think all dogs are great, providing they have good owners... your beagle looks pretty cool mate from the pics ive seen on facebook

I've had two rescue dogs. I'd get another in a heart beat. One of the downsides of living in a condo.

This is obviously just my personal opinion of course but I think Jack Russels are far more naturally aggressive than any big dog that is seen all over the news for tearing kids/people to death ect. I reckon there are more people bitten by Jack Russels per year than Rottweillers, German Shepards and Pit Bulls combined and triple it

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 12:12

Ratman - 13/3/2014 12:11

This is obviously just my personal opinion of course but I think Jack Russels are far more naturally aggressive than any big dog that is seen all over the news for tearing kids/people to death ect. I reckon there are more people bitten by Jack Russels per year than Rottweillers, German Shepards and Pit Bulls combined and triple it

bollocks

And there we have it, another well rounded argument simply put -

'bollocks'!

Can't anyone on here back their opinion up when disagreeing with others? Or is that the standard reply atm?

I got attacked by two Jack Russells when I was about 10 they are naturally aggressive but like Skeggy says with proper training you can keep them under control.But some owners are either far too lazy or just can't be bothered to take time out to do the necessary boring stuff.

thefacehead - 13/3/2014 12:14

bollocks

'bollocks'!

Can't anyone on here back their opinion up when disagreeing with others? Or is that the standard reply atm?

ok here we go... simply put bollocks because as ratters knows me, face to face, over a pint I would say bollocks.

Any dog can bit, Any dog could do damage to any child... agreed? I think all this 'german shepards/jack russels etc are more dangerous and more likely to bite than any other dog is bull shit... its all down to the owners and the dogs up bringing. Our german shepherd is soft as shit... and that's the way he has been bought up. Same as skeggys jack Russell. As I said .,.. its all down to the owners.

gator - 13/3/2014 12:21

I got attacked by two Jack Russells when I was about 10 they are naturally aggressive but like Skeggy says with proper training you can keep them under control.But some owners are either far too lazy or just can't be bothered to take time out to do the necessary boring stuff.

that goes for any dog though mate , good training equals a good dog. Any dog without the proper training could hurt. I don't think its fair putting certain breeds into a bracket.

apart from American pitbulls, I think they are naturally aggressive regardless of the owners and training

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 21:22

thefacehead - 13/3/2014 12:14

bollocks

'bollocks'!

ok here we go... simply put bollocks because as ratters knows me, face to face, over a pint I would say bollocks.

Any dog can bit, Any dog could do damage to any child... agreed? I think all this 'german shepards/jack russels etc are more dangerous and more likely to bite than any other dog is bull shit... its all down to the owners and the dogs up bringing. Our german shepherd is soft as shit... and that's the way he has been bought up. Same as skeggys jack Russell. As I said .,.. its all down to the owners.

Are you saying Skeggy is soft?

I just said that I reckon more people are bit by Jack Rusells than the big terrifying dogs. And I don't think that is because of the way they are brought up because If someone wanted to bring up a dog to attack and look cool whilst hanging outside one stop with a can of tennants super then surely they would (and quite often do) get a rottweiler or similar and not a Jack Russel. I'm not saying that all Jack Russels are horrible little bastards and i'm sure Skeggy's is lovely but from my experience all/most that I have came accross have been horrible little bastards.

Yeah without a doubt Lee what I don't like is when you get these owners who has a dog for a status symbol to look hard and they bring them up to be aggressive.Dogs need love and affection just like humans but you have to be firm too.

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 11:47

go for a different breed clive, cos another staffie will never replace duke

I think your right matey, i luv dogs maybe a cocker spanial or something not too big for the kids, :69:

Your dog is a beauty Barn, we have had an alsation and an alsation crossed with a border colley absolute bostin dogs they am,