Derby County | Page 3 | Vital Football

Derby County

Ever thought of being a script write for Monty Python! That's brilliant, in a non brilliant way :rofl:

Earlier this year I did get a final account demand by letter (after I'd already agreed their final figure previously) for 14 pence from Bulb energy company. Fair play, I haven't heard anything more from them since I ignored it. Any advance/deduction on 14p anyone? How low for example, will HMRC go I wonder.

No advance, but I did receive a cheque from Aviva for 64p as a result of a change in my Car Insurance Policy. In fact, I think it is still in the garage on my workbench.

That is just the problem though. They don't have the money if they are £20m in debt. So, are they paying the lawyers and accountants? If they, are it is high time HMRC wound the offenders up for what they owe the public purse!

A lot of those people are in government / politics, why would they want to alter the status quo?

It is worth pointing out that no organisation is going to take you to court for low sums such as £1,even the HMRC. You may receive a computer generated letter,but thats about it.

So what does that mean going ahead ?
Over the last few years, a number of Club's (Birmingham, Wednesday, Villa and Derby off the top of my head) have sold their Stadiums and showed it as profit in their accounts, which means they've then complied with FFP. It's basically stopping the owners selling assets (often to themselves via another Company) to avoid FFP punishment.

Over the last few years, a number of Club's (Birmingham, Wednesday, Villa and Derby off the top of my head) have sold their Stadiums and showed it as profit in their accounts, which means they've then complied with FFP. It's basically stopping the owners selling assets (often to themselves via another Company) to avoid FFP punishment.

So has this now been outlawed?

What about when we really did sell our ground? Are those circumstances allowed?

So has this now been outlawed?

What about when we really did sell our ground? Are those circumstances allowed?
The problem has been clubs 'selling' their grounds to other companies (who just happen to be also owned by the club's owners) at grossly inflated valuations which then bring the balance sheet into FFP rules.

Shutting the stable door and all of that. Shouldn't preclude selling grounds at proper market rates as we did back in the day.

They liked Rangers in the bottom division that much that the Scottish FA are strongly suggesting Club's vote in favour of Rangers B and Celtic B taking part.

They liked Rangers in the bottom division that much that the Scottish FA are strongly suggesting Club's vote in favour of Rangers B and Celtic B taking part.
That’s the downside I suppose, although they do need a few more quality sides in Scotland, or go back to two Divisions 🤔

That’s the downside I suppose, although they do need a few more quality sides in Scotland, or go back to two Divisions 🤔

There's quite a few decent semi pro clubs outwith the Scottish League. At least now the Scottish Pyramid has finally been fully set up, those clubs can gradually make their way into the SPFL.
Kelty will be a new club this season. Very well supported & run with a decent new stadium.
Hope the likes of Auchinleck, Linlithgow and Bonnybridge can follow Kelty up in coming seasons.