Derby County | Vital Football

Derby County

"Both Derby County and the EFL have the right to appeal that sanction decision."

Considering there may be further action moving from the resubmitted accounts - whenever they are completed and examined - this could go on for some time.

Is there any way this process can be completed before the new league season begins in 44 days' time?

"Both Derby County and the EFL have the right to appeal that sanction decision."

Considering there may be further action moving from the resubmitted accounts - whenever they are completed and examined - this could go on for some time.

Is there any way this process can be completed before the new league season begins in 44 days' time?
From the statement it doesn't seem a date is set for the new accounts to be produced, I think this may rumble on for a while.

Surely Wycombe won't have the football fates working in their favour again, so soon after getting in the play offs via the PPG rule last season?

Surely Wycombe won't have the football fates working in their favour again, so soon after getting in the play offs via the PPG rule last season?

I don't think it does, in fact it puts a right old spanner in the works for them.

How can they prepare for the season when they don't know which division they're going to be in?

As it is, there's surely no way all the submissions, decisions and appeals can be heard before the season starts to it's all hot air.

In 2019-20 Charlton would have been saved if Sheffield Wednesday's points deduction had been dealt with in a more timely manner. However.... it wouldn't have been because later on Wednesday had their points deduction halved which would have meant they wouldn't have been in the relegation places after all.

The EFL's application of their own rules rhymes with Arse.

Also reading that Derby have debts of around £60 million including £20million owed to the HMRC. Which is putting off potential buyers. Even if they stay up(that the sentence is passed after the new season starts) they are likely to be hit with a points penalty as the punishment.

The logistics of all this with the season around the corner will mean any points deductions imposed will be for the forthcoming season. Wycombe might appeal that but there's no way that is being heard in such a short period of time

Also reading that Derby have debts of around £60 million including £20million owed to the HMRC. Which is putting off potential buyers. Even if they stay up(that the sentence is passed after the new season starts) they are likely to be hit with a points penalty as the punishment.

How are they (or any others) allowed to have such huge debts, particularly to HMRC?
Is it not illegal to not pay your taxes???

Why are the owners in situations like this not jailed?

Taxes are for the little people.

Indeed.
But this really does baffle me.
My company (ie who I work for, not who I own!!), transfer a sizeable five figure sum to HMRC each and every month without fail.
Income tax & NI calculated from payroll and sent accordingly.
So how can other businesses, such as DCFC, not do this? What threats are sent to them each month they don't pay? What interest is charged on all of the non payments?
And given they have to date cheated all the rest of us out of over £20 million, when will the owners be prosecuted? (And have all their assets seized)

And when will the Football League simply expel any and all such clubs? Throw them out altogether is what should happen.
They cheat the public purse and they cheat all their opponents by fielding players they cannot afford.

Oh and they've cheated plenty of other businesses, doubtless many of the local to Derby, to the tune of over £40 million it would seem so far.
Just disgraceful.

How many times do clubs, or their owners, go to court over tax and the case is adjourned. You and me matey get the letter stating " you have not payed enough tax, we will deduct it " etc etc.