Danny Cowley | Page 3 | Vital Football

Danny Cowley

We are making progress with MA and i still trust him to take us forward.

Not for one second dismissing the great time we had under the Cowleys but i don't want them back. I believe they would have eventually bankrupt this club if the board had not stuck to their guns regarding transfers. They bent over backwards to give them what they wanted but the brothers always wanted more and cleverly used the media to try to get it.

Danny and Nicky made more money for this club than any other managers in the previous 50 years certainly and probably in the entire history of the Imps. We could have spunked our entire FA cup run earnings on players but instead Danny and Nicky plumped for a top notch training ground. Stop with this nonsense already, it bears no relation to the reality of what happened...

I reckon Danny has aged since he left us if nothing else. Wouldn’t know about Nicky as you never see him !

Completely agree with USA imp,yes they got us promotion from conf but with the Moyses and Brown team REMEMBER,then were able to move on as Clive and Directors gave them what they wanted, till the winging started I know we had great success with diff cup comps, but then remember what they did to the career of Sam Habergham I could go on, but don't want them back here thank you. They are just teachers for me with bad vocabulary use, to fit in with their football image.

the vocab use fitted Danny, but we did'nt see much of Nicky so don't know,IMO they tried to do it on Clive and directors, but it was stopped at right time, and they left us at very short notice remember, for the prem league.

Completely agree with USA imp,yes they got us promotion from conf but with the Moyses and Brown team REMEMBER,then were able to move on as Clive and Directors gave them what they wanted, till the winging started I know we had great success with diff cup comps, but then remember what they did to the career of Sam Habergham I could go on, but don't want them back here thank you. They are just teachers for me with bad vocabulary use, to fit in with their football image.

With fans like you, I doubt they would want to come back, talk about ingratitude...

Sincilbanks
Mar 18, 2021
No-one on this forum thought that anyone in the squad that Moyes left behind at the end of his final season was anywhere near a promotion winning team with the exception of Farman and Rhead.

I believe that a far more pertinent truth is that Danny and Nicky could have taken almost any full time squad in the Conference to the title at that time, so far ahead were they of their rivals in their dedication, commitment and attention to detail...

What did the Romans ever do for us?

What did the Romans ever do for us?
Well actually they imposed massive taxes on Britannia and restricted free trade, all in return for peace and a promise not to invade. Then they conquered the rest of Europe and got greedier still. They slaughtered over 10% of Britannia’s population of 2 million in a campaign that took 40 years and then continued to kill or enslave any local resistance. They occupied Britannia for 400 odd years making Rome rich on the backs of slave labour from their conquests but never quite got to grips with the rebel tribes from t’other side of the wall up North.
Oh but they built straight roads and built spa baths so everything was alright really.

I blame Arsene wenger for that - how dare he play his 1st team against us - anyone would think he wanted to win the FA cup 😁
Lol you know what, if Arsenal had played the same team they put out against Sutton in the previous round we would definitely have had a chance!

Well actually they imposed massive taxes on Britannia and restricted free trade, all in return for peace and a promise not to invade. Then they conquered the rest of Europe and got greedier still. They slaughtered over 10% of Britannia’s population of 2 million in a campaign that took 40 years and then continued to kill or enslave any local resistance. They occupied Britannia for 400 odd years making Rome rich on the backs of slave labour from their conquests but never quite got to grips with the rebel tribes from t’other side of the wall up North.
Oh but they built straight roads and built spa baths so everything was alright really.

See also: British Empire.