Danny Cowley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Danny Cowley

More the result of significant financial measures than anything else. Portsmouth were losing £700,000 per month last season and slashed their playing budget for this year. Players left in search of bigger wages and DC had to find cheaper replacements. He also lost striker Jayden Reid for the season seven minutes into his debut in pre-season. Off the field they are redeveloping and modernising Fratton Park at a cost of £10 million. This season always looked like treading water for now.
I think I read in their local news that they have 6 or so players taking up two thirds of this seasons budget.

But that was after we had moved on in the wrong direction.
One could argue the same applies to the Cowleys? Huddersfield was probably not the right move but money talks, and they took a chance at Pompey to get back on track that hasn’t worked out (so far)?

Sam Ellis and Gary Simpson or don't they count being a former captain and former assistant manager?

We are making progress with MA and i still trust him to take us forward.

Not for one second dismissing the great time we had under the Cowleys but i don't want them back. I believe they would have eventually bankrupt this club if the board had not stuck to their guns regarding transfers. They bent over backwards to give them what they wanted but the brothers always wanted more and cleverly used the media to try to get it.