Daniel Morgan murder ((n/G) | Vital Football

Daniel Morgan murder ((n/G)

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Anyone else following this long running story of the unsolved murder, botched investigations, police corruption and general intrigue?

And now the outrageous behaviour of our despicable Home Secretary. She's refused to allow the publication of the Independent investigation until she has reviewed it and possibly redacted parts of it. Patel has absolutely zero authority to do this. It is completely unacceptable.

This gives some good background to the whole thing:
https://bylinetimes.com/2021/05/19/...y-the-daniel-morgan-independent-panel-report/

Addressed, quite rightly, by Chris Bryant in the House of Commons today:

Yet another dig at the police, surprise surprise🙁

No, not the police, val. I'm angry with Patel about this. And wondering if Murdoch is behind it.

The only police who might be worthy of criticism in this are the corrupt ones. Are you going to try and defend them?

Read the article, this definitely isn't about me having a pop at the police. It"s more to do with corruption and power at the heart of the establishment. Nothing to do with your average copper.

Last edited:
after a year looking into the world of corruption , deep state I fully agree with buddha. It's a world where the top people in police, judiciary, politics etc are totally corrupt.

Depends what you call an average copper, some were certainly average detectives. The case involved widespread corruption and straight out criminal activity and a long running series of cover ups. Some of those involved may also have compromised the original Stephen Lawrence murder enquiry. The stench from all of this just gets higher but it's high time it was all brought in the open. I agree that current officers bear no responsibility for all of this, which is why it needs exposing. The cover ups have involved police at many levels, similarly politicians.

Remember Jacqui Hames the policewonman on Crimewatch? Another peripheral victim of this desperate story. The News of the World stalked her and hacked her phone which contributed to her marriage break up. It's a scandal that involves police, press, senior politicians and more.

If you support the work of our police force then you want the report out in the open and in full.

https://bylineinvestigates.com/2020...t-on-by-rupert-murdochs-shadowy-surveillance/

Depends what you call an average copper, some were certainly average detectives. The case involved widespread corruption and straight out criminal activity and a long running series of cover ups. Some of those involved may also have compromised the original Stephen Lawrence murder enquiry. The stench from all of this just gets higher but it's high time it was all brought in the open. I agree that current officers bear no responsibility for all of this, which is why it needs exposing. The cover ups have involved police at many levels, similarly politicians.

Remember Jacqui Hames the policewonman on Crimewatch? Another peripheral victim of this desperate story. The News of the World stalked her and hacked her phone which contributed to her marriage break up. It's a scandal that involves police, press, senior politicians and more.

If you support the work of our police force then you want the report out in the open and in full.

https://bylineinvestigates.com/2020...t-on-by-rupert-murdochs-shadowy-surveillance/

You're right, 'average', was definitely the wrong word. I should have said, 'decent copper'.

And your final sentence is spot on (actually your whole post is). Valencia is a big supporter of the work our police force do. Yet instead of engaging properly with the issue, he simply takes the opportunity to have a dig at me by disingenuously suggesting that I'm having another dig at the police, lol.

And 3x6 gives it a like. Double lol.

Last edited:

Spot on. Excellent documentary series on tv about it recently. Some of the characters were clearly dodgy as f###. Copper's mate had the code to get in the back door of the.local nick. Stank of serious corruption.

A pub my missus had been in a few times around the time of the murder (although she usually went in the Dolphin on the other side of the road), hence we've followed the case.

You're right, 'average', was definitely the wrong word. I should have said, 'decent copper'.

And your final sentence is spot on (actually your whole post is). Valencia is a big supporter of the work our police force do. Yet instead of engaging properly with the issue, he simply takes the opportunity to have a dig at me by disingenuously suggesting that I'm having another dig at the police, lol.

And 3x6 gives it a like. Double lol.
Well you'll be happy that I'm fully backing you on this one Buddha, given you think I can't see straight on other matters where the police have been vilified.
:-)

Regarding the NOTW and their behaviour, it's reminded me of the stomach churning hypocrisy coming from the BBC hating media who are piling in on the news organisation just now. Pot and Kettle.

This was all 30+ years ago , and any evidence of corrupt policing would have been deliberately destroyed or 'lost'.
What I find strange , is that you are quick and keen to debunk modern cover ups , that have happened and still are happening.

Valencia is a big supporter of the work our police force do. Yet instead of engaging properly with the issue, he simply takes the opportunity to have a dig at me by disingenuously suggesting that I'm having another dig at the police, lol.

But you do Buddha.
I'm sure you find it funny 'lol' , but the vast majority of this board can see you for what you are

This was all 30+ years ago , and any evidence of corrupt policing would have been deliberately destroyed or 'lost'.
What I find strange , is that you are quick and keen to debunk modern cover ups , that have happened and still are happening.

The murder was over thirty years ago but it's not just about the murder.

Why don't you do s big of reading and then come back and comment?

So finally we have the report.

The Met have been found to be, "institutionally corrupt", and their Chief, Cressida Dick, personally censured for hampering the investigation into corruption.

What will happen now? Will she resign?

The whole thing stinks.

But don't worry, sure some will dismiss this as, "just another anti-police post from Buddha"...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ief-censured-for-hampering-corruption-inquiry

Last edited:
It's the 3 way intertwined corrupotion that stinks, press, police & justice with governments looking away. We need to get somewhere near to the truth and visit some consequences where deserved, or it will repeat. Looking the other way does no favours to the public, or current serving officers.

This can't be easy for nobs.

Still have complete faith in him. Just because the Met have been shown to be institutionally corrupt doesn't mean there aren't decent Metropolitan police officers.

Hope you're bearing up, nobs.

This can't be easy for nobs.

Still have complete faith in him. Just because the Met have been shown to be institutionally corrupt doesn't mean there aren't decent Metropolitan police officers.

Hope you're bearing up, nobs.
Yeah, I'm fine although this word "institutional" always concerns me, it gives the less informed member of the public the impression of a "life on mars" scenario where every copper is bent.
Makes a change from all of us being racist I suppose. 🙄

The "decent" Met coppers, as you call them, hugely outnumber any corrupt ones who really are the exception, not the rule. No one hates a bent copper more than a copper as was seen from the fallout when Wayne Couzens was nicked, as the saying goes "he's not one of us".

Yeah, I'm fine although this word "institutional" always concerns me, it gives the less informed member of the public the impression of a "life on mars" scenario where every copper is bent.
Makes a change from all of us being racist I suppose. 🙄

The "decent" Met coppers, as you call them, hugely outnumber any corrupt ones who really are the exception, not the rule. No one hates a bent copper more than a copper as was seen from the fallout when Wayne Couzens was nicked, as the saying goes "he's not one of us".

Fair play to you.

What about your boss though? She's gotta go, shirley?