Dacky | Page 4 | Vital Football

Dacky

He said “My response was more on the basis of why would a club sign someone with a criminal record rather than specifically Dack.

I'm sure if he did sign for a Premier League club, one of the contractual conditions would be to fulfill any outstanding community order before he gets all of his benefits. Knowing how clubs seems to work, they'd probably try to arrange for his service to be complete in something that the club has an interest in and use his presence for publicity.”

PS`s retirement fund would be looking good but Blackburn wont sell him as they need him to get promotion and will need him in the Prem and they dont need the money

I wouldn`t be so sure about that Durham. If, as is likely, Dack becomes subject of a Premiership bidding competition, Rovers could be made an offer they simply cannot afford to turn down. Everyone has their price, people in sales should know that ( ;) ).

I wouldn`t be so sure about that Durham. If, as is likely, Dack becomes subject of a Premiership bidding competition, Rovers could be made an offer they simply cannot afford to turn down. Everyone has their price, people in sales should know that ( ;) ).

Agree but getting into and staying in the Prem is worth far more to them than Dack is worth

No one would wish it on anybody, but players can get injured, the money-people will be aware of this and at a certain price they will sell.

Agree but getting into and staying in the Prem is worth far more to them than Dack is worth

What like we did with keeping Dack and turning down Bristol Citys offer. That guaranteed us promotion didn't it. Not convinced Blackburn are as big a club as you appear to be making out them out to be either.

Not only that but as we found having a potentially unhappy player on your hands after denying him a move is not good for the dressing room.

I can’t see Blackburn challenging for promotion. They don’t win enough games and don’t seem to have the same quality as the current top six. I may be proven wrong but I could imagine West Brom going back for him in January, even if a Premier League side does not. He would improve any team in that division, so if you’re top two in January and want to stay there, signing a player like Dack will only increase the chances of going up. And I think WBA will be up there.

Anyone know what % we get ? I presume it's quite small but at least it wouldn't deter Blackburn from selling him.

Regardless - dont get to excited about the money as most of it will just go into the day to day running of the club

Anyone know what % we get ? I presume it's quite small but at least it wouldn't deter Blackburn from selling him.

Was it not 20% of any profit? West Brom reportedly had a £15m bid turned down so assuming its more than that £3m+ May be coming our way, but bare in mind a club that is debt free, owns its own ground will need to use that for day to day running costs or according to Durham build PS a nice retirement fund,whichever you believe.

Was it not 20% of any profit? West Brom reportedly had a £15m bid turned down so assuming its more than that £3m+ May be coming our way, but bare in mind a club that is debt free, owns its own ground will need to use that for day to day running costs or according to Durham build PS a nice retirement fund,whichever you believe.
Yes that is the usual figure. 20% of profit, not 20% of the transfer fee.

Yes that is the usual figure. 20% of profit, not 20% of the transfer fee.

In the grand scheme of things and the prices being quoted, that doesn’t really make much difference.

However, I suspect it’ll be something a lot lower than £15-£20m to start with, with lots of add-ons - which in some ways is quite good as we could end up getting some regular substantial payments.

In the grand scheme of things and the prices being quoted, that doesn’t really make much difference.

However, I suspect it’ll be something a lot lower than £15-£20m to start with, with lots of add-ons - which in some ways is quite good as we could end up getting some regular substantial payments.

I think it was widely accepted that any sell-on we received would pertain only to the transfer fee and not any add-one.

Does anyone actually have a source for this 20% sell on fee? Because I've looked around and can't find a thing.

Don't think the % we get has ever been released, it's just an assumption based on previous transfers and the normal % of any profit we get. I would expect it to be 15-20%.