D*rby to be relegated? | Page 15 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

That is surely the thinnest argument ever postulated.

There is no relegation from the national League because the leagues below it have all been cancelled.

Why on earth would the relegation status of the league below them affect the fairness of their own league? Bizarre

I understand your point about relegation but how do you decide who gets promoted if no games have taken place in the League below?

Just arrived at the Derby arena for the wife's jab. About a hundred bedraggled sheep with flags in attendance and also a dozen or so Sheffield Wednesday fans.

I understand your point about relegation but how do you decide who gets promoted if no games have taken place in the League below?
I don't get you

There is no promotion or relegation between the conference national and the conference north/south because they were canceled, as was the rest of the pyramid. There may be two promotees as Dover and Macclesfield have both dropped out of the conference due to financial meltdown. Not sure how they intend to decide that.

The conference has been completed in full- there is no reason why promotion and relegation between the league and conference should be affected.

Tried to post this as a separate thread, but for some reason it disappears before I post it ! Am I the only one who struggles to get things to post sometimes?

Southend and Grimsby to take legal action against relegation

The two teams, having played all season under the rules, are now taking legal action, as they say relegation is unfair. Their argument is that it is unfair, because in the National League there is promotion, but no relegation this season. But if the clubs win their case, this would mean that in League two there would be promotion with no relegation, which would be unfair.............................

The logical conclusion of this (IF they win) would surely mean that there would be no promotion or relegation in ALL leagues ?

Maybe Fulham, WBA and Sheffield United will mount a case as the Premier League is unfair, because there's no promotion there either ........................

I don't get you

There is no promotion or relegation between the conference national and the conference north/south because they were canceled, as was the rest of the pyramid. There may be two promotees as Dover and Macclesfield have both dropped out of the conference due to financial meltdown. Not sure how they intend to decide that.

The conference has been completed in full- there is no reason why promotion and relegation between the league and conference should be affected.

I might have mistaken your point.

I thought you was questioning the integrity of playing the Conference season and then having no relegation.

Relegating the bottom sides is fine but how do you replace them

I might have mistaken your point.

I thought you was questioning the integrity of playing the Conference season and then having no relegation.

Relegating the bottom sides is fine but how do you replace them
They aren't relegating the bottom sides I don't think.

Two have dropped out for financial reasons, giving a 22 team league this season. The whole of the rest of the pyramid is suspended.

This is why I don't get the claims of Southend and Grimsby; there are two sides who will replace them; Torquay, Sutton, Hartlepool and Stockport are still battling for that automatic promotion spot with 4/5 games to go while the playoffs will include the usual six teams.

The fact that there is no relegation from the conference this year surely has no impact on Grimsby and Southend in L2?

They aren't relegating the bottom sides I don't think.

Two have dropped out for financial reasons, giving a 22 team league this season. The whole of the rest of the pyramid is suspended.

This is why I don't get the claims of Southend and Grimsby; there are two sides who will replace them; Torquay, Sutton, Hartlepool and Stockport are still battling for that automatic promotion spot with 4/5 games to go while the playoffs will include the usual six teams.

The fact that there is no relegation from the conference this year surely has no impact on Grimsby and Southend in L2?

Right, I understand.

There is no case to answer; whoever finishes in the bottom 2 of L2 should be relegated

It was tantalisingly there several times , but I don't mind playing them next season.

Especially if a points deduction catches up with them.

Still more interested in us.

I was speaking with someone I know earlier today who has very good connections with Derby.

Considering yesterdays events, he is not particularly looking forward to next season.

He is confident that Derby will have a double figure penalty once everything comes out in the wash relating to P & S.

Everyone at the Club are absolutely certain the EFL appeal will fail; the good news ends there.

The issue the EFL have is with the method they use for recording amortisation.

Although the method used does not contravene the P & S rules. another fucking loophole, and does not attract a points penalty, it is at odds with the method used by all other Clubs.

Derby will have to go back and adjust the last three sets of accounts so that they comply with all other Clubs; this has been driven by Gibson at Middlesbrough who is demanding a level playing field and threatening to get his writs out for the lads if he does not get one.

It goes without saying that Morris used his inventive method for a specific reason.

The guy I was talking to is pretty confident that once the adjustments have been made they will have breached the rules in at least two of the three sets of accounts

I was speaking with someone I know earlier today who has very good connections with Derby.

Considering yesterdays events, he is not particularly looking forward to next season.

He is confident that Derby will have a double figure penalty once everything comes out in the wash relating to P & S.

Everyone at the Club are absolutely certain the EFL appeal will fail; the good news ends there.

Although the method used does not contravene the P & S rules. another fucking loophole, and does not attract a points penalty, it is at odds with the method used by all other Clubs.

Derby will have to go back and adjust the last three sets of accounts so that they comply with all other Clubs; this has been driven by Gibson at Middlesbrough who is demanding a level playing field and threatening to get his writs out for the lads if he does not get one.

It goes without saying that Morris used his inventive method for a specific reason.

The guy I was talking to is pretty confident that once the adjustments have been made they will have breached the rules in at least two of the three sets of accounts
This was the key bit, and I really didn't get how they weren't punished for this.

Their methods amount to Enron-style accounting

Well done Steve Gibson, actually. When you think of the teams that have got away with financial manipulation, including QPR, Cardiff City, Wolves (probably), Derby County, Birmingham City and so on, clubs like Middlesbrough, who have fallen just short of promotion on several occasions, are right to feel aggrieved. And if Derby are hit with unassailable points deductions and are relegated, then there will be double the pleasure.

The punishment 'should' be handed out for THIS season, retrospectively, if they are guilty and it's decided before the start of next season. They should also, like every other club, be deducted points for late submission of accounts; it's blatantly obvious why they still haven't submitted their latest accounts

The punishment 'should' be handed out for THIS season, retrospectively, if they are guilty and it's decided before the start of next season. They should also, like every other club, be deducted points for late submission of accounts; it's blatantly obvious why they still haven't submitted their latest accounts
The rules are that any punishment handed out after March will apply to the next season.

Derby are in enough shit financially that even without a penalty they are going to be up against it so if a penalty does land...